Oct 3, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
You think you know Darko Milicic. You don’t know Darko Milicic.
He is more than a Celtics backup center, a draft bust at No. 2 but a guy who carved out a nine-year NBA career as a decent backup big. He’s not just another faceless Euro in the NBA.
He’s a professional carp fisher.
I couldn’t have made that up if I tried. Friend of this blog Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com got him to talk about it (hat tip to BDL).
Milicic began fishing as a child and took up the sport professionally five years ago. He has competed in carp fishing tournaments with his team, Melezra, during the offseason where he lives 45 minutes outside of Belgrade.
“I fish carp professionally back home,” said Milicic. “I go to the World Cups, European Championships. I have a team so that’s what I enjoy the most. I’ve got an RV here from the US. We travel, we fish for four to seven days straight.”
Admit it, you would pay to hang out with Darko in his RV fishing for a week.
I’ll admit I’d do it. And also that I never saw this coming. Never.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 0
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24