Oct 2, 2012, 10:31 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like old people love In The Heat of the Night.
• Zaza Pachulia was held out of some drills at Hawks camp due to knee concerns Tuesday.
• Magic Johnson says the Miami Heat are the team to beat for the NBA title. Like a broken clock that is still right twice a day, Magic is correct here.
• The Mavericks waived center D.J. Mbenga Tuesday, and that made me a little sad.
• Little shake up in the agent ranks — following LeBron James leaving CAA, four other players have filed to do the same according to ESPN: Denver’s Ty Lawson, Cleveland’s Tristan Thompson, the Los Angeles Clippers’ Eric Bledsoe and the San Antonio’s Cory Joseph.
• A nice recap of Denver Nuggets media day. They are my early favorite for “most fun team to watch” this season.
• New Yorkers, you can hang out in one of the Jay-Z designed Vault Suites at the New Barclay Center — oh, and get to watch a Brooklyn Nets and meet Deron Williams — by submitting a short video “demonstrating their commitment as the ultimate fan of sports, music or entertainment” to this site at American Express.
• Mark Cuban dancing Gangnam style at a bar in Indiana. Just because we can.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13