Oct 2, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
The Miami Heat seem to be going a little slowly and easing into the long season ahead. Players are talking about how coach Erik Spoelstra, usually a task master of the Pat Riley mold, has changed his style and the practices are more mellow and workman like.
That slower pace includes bringing back Dwyane Wade from off-season knee surgery — expect him only when he and the doctors are ready. And the doctors will err on the side of caution.
But Dwyane Wade doesn’t plan to sit out the entire preseason. He is not likely to play on the team’s upcoming China trip, but he said he wants to play this preseason, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Wade said there is nothing to speculation that he will sit out the entire preseason due to his knee. “I will try a preseason game,” he said. “It will be more than one. I won’t be eight, but it will be more than one.”
Wade went through Tuesday’s entire practice, but what really matters is how his knee responds on Wednesday. If there is no swelling, it’s a good sign. And his preseason game prediction could come true. If not… the Heat are going slow.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 6
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 16
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 7
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 13
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'