Oct 1, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Do you remember a time when Anderson Varejao wasn’t on the trade block?
It seems so long ago that he was going to be a part of the Cavaliers future along with that LeBron guy, but things have changed. Varejao has been on the blocks forever and a day now, it seems.
And that hasn’t changed, reports the News Herald.
The big question is whether the 30-year-old Varejao will be dealt at the trade deadline. Multiple sources around the league think the Cavs will deal him this season.
Cleveland should wait for the right deal to move him — Varejao can be a good influence on this young team. Varejao is one of the NBA’s real hustlers, and intense guy who doesn’t really coast. That’s a good lesson for Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving and the rest.
But when a deal comes that can help the Cavaliers rebuild, they need to pounce.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 30
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41