Oct 1, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Do you remember a time when Anderson Varejao wasn’t on the trade block?
It seems so long ago that he was going to be a part of the Cavaliers future along with that LeBron guy, but things have changed. Varejao has been on the blocks forever and a day now, it seems.
And that hasn’t changed, reports the News Herald.
The big question is whether the 30-year-old Varejao will be dealt at the trade deadline. Multiple sources around the league think the Cavs will deal him this season.
Cleveland should wait for the right deal to move him — Varejao can be a good influence on this young team. Varejao is one of the NBA’s real hustlers, and intense guy who doesn’t really coast. That’s a good lesson for Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving and the rest.
But when a deal comes that can help the Cavaliers rebuild, they need to pounce.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 0
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5