Oct 1, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Do you remember a time when Anderson Varejao wasn’t on the trade block?
It seems so long ago that he was going to be a part of the Cavaliers future along with that LeBron guy, but things have changed. Varejao has been on the blocks forever and a day now, it seems.
And that hasn’t changed, reports the News Herald.
The big question is whether the 30-year-old Varejao will be dealt at the trade deadline. Multiple sources around the league think the Cavs will deal him this season.
Cleveland should wait for the right deal to move him — Varejao can be a good influence on this young team. Varejao is one of the NBA’s real hustlers, and intense guy who doesn’t really coast. That’s a good lesson for Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving and the rest.
But when a deal comes that can help the Cavaliers rebuild, they need to pounce.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 15
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8