Oct 1, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Do you remember a time when Anderson Varejao wasn’t on the trade block?
It seems so long ago that he was going to be a part of the Cavaliers future along with that LeBron guy, but things have changed. Varejao has been on the blocks forever and a day now, it seems.
And that hasn’t changed, reports the News Herald.
The big question is whether the 30-year-old Varejao will be dealt at the trade deadline. Multiple sources around the league think the Cavs will deal him this season.
Cleveland should wait for the right deal to move him — Varejao can be a good influence on this young team. Varejao is one of the NBA’s real hustlers, and intense guy who doesn’t really coast. That’s a good lesson for Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving and the rest.
But when a deal comes that can help the Cavaliers rebuild, they need to pounce.
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 23
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 63
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 20
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 61