Oct 1, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Do you remember a time when Anderson Varejao wasn’t on the trade block?
It seems so long ago that he was going to be a part of the Cavaliers future along with that LeBron guy, but things have changed. Varejao has been on the blocks forever and a day now, it seems.
And that hasn’t changed, reports the News Herald.
The big question is whether the 30-year-old Varejao will be dealt at the trade deadline. Multiple sources around the league think the Cavs will deal him this season.
Cleveland should wait for the right deal to move him — Varejao can be a good influence on this young team. Varejao is one of the NBA’s real hustlers, and intense guy who doesn’t really coast. That’s a good lesson for Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving and the rest.
But when a deal comes that can help the Cavaliers rebuild, they need to pounce.
- With two wins in Chicago, Wizards seize control over Bulls 0
- Tuesday NBA grades: Beal, DeRozan not perfect but good enough 0
- Raptors even series with Game 2 win over Nets 9
- Pacers bounce back with blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 21
- Kentucky’s Julius Randle makes the expected official: He will enter NBA Draft 15