Oct 1, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Do you remember a time when Anderson Varejao wasn’t on the trade block?
It seems so long ago that he was going to be a part of the Cavaliers future along with that LeBron guy, but things have changed. Varejao has been on the blocks forever and a day now, it seems.
And that hasn’t changed, reports the News Herald.
The big question is whether the 30-year-old Varejao will be dealt at the trade deadline. Multiple sources around the league think the Cavs will deal him this season.
Cleveland should wait for the right deal to move him — Varejao can be a good influence on this young team. Varejao is one of the NBA’s real hustlers, and intense guy who doesn’t really coast. That’s a good lesson for Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving and the rest.
But when a deal comes that can help the Cavaliers rebuild, they need to pounce.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5