Oct 1, 2012, 11:24 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Today, we bring you a lot of news and notes out of the various media days across the nation.
• This is huge in the shoe industry — Dwyane Wade is leaving Nike’s Jordan Brand for Chinese shoe manufacturer Li-Ning.
• Did you know EA Sports cancelled “NBA Live 13″ this year? Did you care might be the bigger question.
• While we’re talking Mavericks, forward Brandan Wright is day-to-day with a quad strain.
• Kyrie Irving says his hand is 100 percent, so you don’t need to keep asking.
• Here are some fun, off-the-wall news and notes from Lakers media day, not involving the big stars.
• Ike Diogu played well for Nigeria at the Olympics, and that helped earn him an invite to Suns training camp. He is not expected to make the roster, however.
• A list of the NBA’s best players when they get the ball at the pinch post. Interesting read.
• Interesting note in this Mark Cuban interview — he says if someone bought a team and wanted to move it to Seattle, he wouldn’t expect to see any opposition.
• Philadelphia signed Xavier Silas to a non-guaranteed camp contract. That’s a good thing, Silas was the guy who suffered a major fall at the Orlando Summer League and needed multiple sinus surgeries.
• GQ compiled a list of the worst decisions in sports. I’m sorry, I know some New Yorkers loved Jeremy Lin, but there is no way the Knicks letting him go should make this list.
• For the record, Scottie Pippen is not broke. However he is not going to get richer suing all the outlets that reported he was, as a judge threw out that case.
• Countering earlier reports (including here at PBT), the Kings are saying their key sponsors and advertisers are sticking with them.
• Former NBA player and Kings head coach Reggie Theus is going to coach the D-Fenders, the Lakers affiliate in the D-League.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 10
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44