Oct 1, 2012, 2:53 PM EST
Well, this isn’t good.
Eric Gordon has had some soreness and swelling in his right knee — that would be the one he had surgery on last season that cost him most of the year — so the Hornets are going slow with him during training camp, the team announced. They used the words “limited participation.” Meaning he is sitting out the most strenuous drills.
“The team is taking a cautious approach with Eric to give him the best chance to be ready for the season,” General Manager Dell Demps said in a released statement.
This would be the same Eric Gordon who signed a four-year, $58 million max extension with the Hornets this past summer (technically the Hornets matched the Suns offer). So New Orleans should be cautious with him in meaningless preseason games.
But if Hornets fans get a little sweat on their forehead, I would understand that, too. Gordon and No. 1 draft pick Anthony Davis are the franchise anchors going forward and reports had been that Gordon was past his knee issues. It may turn out to be nothing, but…
Let’s just call it something to watch.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45