Oct 1, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Well, this isn’t good.
Eric Gordon has had some soreness and swelling in his right knee — that would be the one he had surgery on last season that cost him most of the year — so the Hornets are going slow with him during training camp, the team announced. They used the words “limited participation.” Meaning he is sitting out the most strenuous drills.
“The team is taking a cautious approach with Eric to give him the best chance to be ready for the season,” General Manager Dell Demps said in a released statement.
This would be the same Eric Gordon who signed a four-year, $58 million max extension with the Hornets this past summer (technically the Hornets matched the Suns offer). So New Orleans should be cautious with him in meaningless preseason games.
But if Hornets fans get a little sweat on their forehead, I would understand that, too. Gordon and No. 1 draft pick Anthony Davis are the franchise anchors going forward and reports had been that Gordon was past his knee issues. It may turn out to be nothing, but…
Let’s just call it something to watch.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7