Oct 1, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Well, this isn’t good.
Eric Gordon has had some soreness and swelling in his right knee — that would be the one he had surgery on last season that cost him most of the year — so the Hornets are going slow with him during training camp, the team announced. They used the words “limited participation.” Meaning he is sitting out the most strenuous drills.
“The team is taking a cautious approach with Eric to give him the best chance to be ready for the season,” General Manager Dell Demps said in a released statement.
This would be the same Eric Gordon who signed a four-year, $58 million max extension with the Hornets this past summer (technically the Hornets matched the Suns offer). So New Orleans should be cautious with him in meaningless preseason games.
But if Hornets fans get a little sweat on their forehead, I would understand that, too. Gordon and No. 1 draft pick Anthony Davis are the franchise anchors going forward and reports had been that Gordon was past his knee issues. It may turn out to be nothing, but…
Let’s just call it something to watch.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30