Oct 1, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Well, this isn’t good.
Eric Gordon has had some soreness and swelling in his right knee — that would be the one he had surgery on last season that cost him most of the year — so the Hornets are going slow with him during training camp, the team announced. They used the words “limited participation.” Meaning he is sitting out the most strenuous drills.
“The team is taking a cautious approach with Eric to give him the best chance to be ready for the season,” General Manager Dell Demps said in a released statement.
This would be the same Eric Gordon who signed a four-year, $58 million max extension with the Hornets this past summer (technically the Hornets matched the Suns offer). So New Orleans should be cautious with him in meaningless preseason games.
But if Hornets fans get a little sweat on their forehead, I would understand that, too. Gordon and No. 1 draft pick Anthony Davis are the franchise anchors going forward and reports had been that Gordon was past his knee issues. It may turn out to be nothing, but…
Let’s just call it something to watch.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 20
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8