Oct 1, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Chris Bosh wants to be known as “random guy.”
Rather, Bosh said he was watching film of the Heat’s positionless offense — where anybody can step into any of the five roles on the floor — and he thought he was scoring from random places on the floor. Here’s his quote, via the Miami Herald (hat tip to SLAM).
“I’m still getting used to the offense,” Bosh said. “I always watching film to see what I should have done and what I could have done. What I can do better. Where my shots can from. Because I’m the random guy. I don’t get any plays called for me, but the public will never know that.”
I kind of like it, because Random Guy has a nice double meaning for bosh.
But no, you do not get to nickname yourself. Random Guy must be rejected. He can call himself whatever he wants, but we can’t pick it up.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48