Sep 30, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Darko Milicic has formualated, either on his own or with his agent, the line to use when talking about his disappointment as a former No.2 pick. He talks about how he’s not going to get dragged into discussions about not living up to expectations. He just wants to help his team, be a part of the team, team, team, blah, blah, blah nothing interesting… wait, what? From CSN New England:
Milicic added: “I’ll do whatever it takes, whatever I need to do to help this team. So now, if I have to go kill someone on the court, I’ll kill someone on the court.”
WOAH THERE, SERBIAN GANGSTER.
That’s what Rasheed Wallace once called Milicic. And Milicic kind of has a past history of anger management. After a Serbian national game, he went on a tirade (link, extremely very not safe for work) in which he threatened to, er… well there’s sexual activity involving the wives and daughters of the officials. Yeah. Awkward. Milicic was fined for the comments.
He also went all Hulk Smash on his jersey back with the Grizzlies. He’s an older, more mature player now, but still had his clashes with Rick Adelman in Minnesota, who gets along with just about everybody. Well, at least he’s fired up. KG should like that part. We’ll see how this works out with the Celtics, but yikes.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10