Sep 30, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Darko Milicic has formualated, either on his own or with his agent, the line to use when talking about his disappointment as a former No.2 pick. He talks about how he’s not going to get dragged into discussions about not living up to expectations. He just wants to help his team, be a part of the team, team, team, blah, blah, blah nothing interesting… wait, what? From CSN New England:
Milicic added: “I’ll do whatever it takes, whatever I need to do to help this team. So now, if I have to go kill someone on the court, I’ll kill someone on the court.”
WOAH THERE, SERBIAN GANGSTER.
That’s what Rasheed Wallace once called Milicic. And Milicic kind of has a past history of anger management. After a Serbian national game, he went on a tirade (link, extremely very not safe for work) in which he threatened to, er… well there’s sexual activity involving the wives and daughters of the officials. Yeah. Awkward. Milicic was fined for the comments.
He also went all Hulk Smash on his jersey back with the Grizzlies. He’s an older, more mature player now, but still had his clashes with Rick Adelman in Minnesota, who gets along with just about everybody. Well, at least he’s fired up. KG should like that part. We’ll see how this works out with the Celtics, but yikes.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 41
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31