Sep 30, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Darko Milicic has formualated, either on his own or with his agent, the line to use when talking about his disappointment as a former No.2 pick. He talks about how he’s not going to get dragged into discussions about not living up to expectations. He just wants to help his team, be a part of the team, team, team, blah, blah, blah nothing interesting… wait, what? From CSN New England:
Milicic added: “I’ll do whatever it takes, whatever I need to do to help this team. So now, if I have to go kill someone on the court, I’ll kill someone on the court.”
WOAH THERE, SERBIAN GANGSTER.
That’s what Rasheed Wallace once called Milicic. And Milicic kind of has a past history of anger management. After a Serbian national game, he went on a tirade (link, extremely very not safe for work) in which he threatened to, er… well there’s sexual activity involving the wives and daughters of the officials. Yeah. Awkward. Milicic was fined for the comments.
He also went all Hulk Smash on his jersey back with the Grizzlies. He’s an older, more mature player now, but still had his clashes with Rick Adelman in Minnesota, who gets along with just about everybody. Well, at least he’s fired up. KG should like that part. We’ll see how this works out with the Celtics, but yikes.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 0
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5