Sep 28, 2012, 8:18 AM EST
Sometimes fans ask me why players want to go to Los Angeles or New York instead of fine cities like Houston or Milwaukee.
It’s because of the opportunities. Like teaching Ellen to Dougie.
It’s because if you are Tyson Chandler playing for the Knicks, you can host a charity exhibit of your own art work in New York City and a bunch of NBA players and celebrities will show up for the party. And you can wear capri pants and boots to that party and nobody will blink. (Hat tip to The Backetball Jones and jocksandstilettojill.com.)
Which is exactly what Chandler did — it was called “A year in a New York minute.” And guys like Carmelo Anthony, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Michael Strahan, and more showed up to see Chandler’s photography. Which is pretty interesting and wide-ranging, from lions in Africa to Landry Fields in a whirlpool bath.
From the “I don’t know art but I know what I like” file, I kind of dig the photos of Fields and Jeremy Lin below. So good on you, Tyson. Well done.
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 11
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 20
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 19
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3
- Shane Larkin, a second thought as Knicks chase star free agents, trying to find his own way 1