Sep 28, 2012, 8:18 AM EDT
Sometimes fans ask me why players want to go to Los Angeles or New York instead of fine cities like Houston or Milwaukee.
It’s because of the opportunities. Like teaching Ellen to Dougie.
It’s because if you are Tyson Chandler playing for the Knicks, you can host a charity exhibit of your own art work in New York City and a bunch of NBA players and celebrities will show up for the party. And you can wear capri pants and boots to that party and nobody will blink. (Hat tip to The Backetball Jones and jocksandstilettojill.com.)
Which is exactly what Chandler did — it was called “A year in a New York minute.” And guys like Carmelo Anthony, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Michael Strahan, and more showed up to see Chandler’s photography. Which is pretty interesting and wide-ranging, from lions in Africa to Landry Fields in a whirlpool bath.
From the “I don’t know art but I know what I like” file, I kind of dig the photos of Fields and Jeremy Lin below. So good on you, Tyson. Well done.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31