Sep 28, 2012, 8:18 AM EDT
Sometimes fans ask me why players want to go to Los Angeles or New York instead of fine cities like Houston or Milwaukee.
It’s because of the opportunities. Like teaching Ellen to Dougie.
It’s because if you are Tyson Chandler playing for the Knicks, you can host a charity exhibit of your own art work in New York City and a bunch of NBA players and celebrities will show up for the party. And you can wear capri pants and boots to that party and nobody will blink. (Hat tip to The Backetball Jones and jocksandstilettojill.com.)
Which is exactly what Chandler did — it was called “A year in a New York minute.” And guys like Carmelo Anthony, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Michael Strahan, and more showed up to see Chandler’s photography. Which is pretty interesting and wide-ranging, from lions in Africa to Landry Fields in a whirlpool bath.
From the “I don’t know art but I know what I like” file, I kind of dig the photos of Fields and Jeremy Lin below. So good on you, Tyson. Well done.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16