Sep 28, 2012, 8:18 AM EDT
Sometimes fans ask me why players want to go to Los Angeles or New York instead of fine cities like Houston or Milwaukee.
It’s because of the opportunities. Like teaching Ellen to Dougie.
It’s because if you are Tyson Chandler playing for the Knicks, you can host a charity exhibit of your own art work in New York City and a bunch of NBA players and celebrities will show up for the party. And you can wear capri pants and boots to that party and nobody will blink. (Hat tip to The Backetball Jones and jocksandstilettojill.com.)
Which is exactly what Chandler did — it was called “A year in a New York minute.” And guys like Carmelo Anthony, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Michael Strahan, and more showed up to see Chandler’s photography. Which is pretty interesting and wide-ranging, from lions in Africa to Landry Fields in a whirlpool bath.
From the “I don’t know art but I know what I like” file, I kind of dig the photos of Fields and Jeremy Lin below. So good on you, Tyson. Well done.
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 23
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4