Tyson Chandler hosted art exhibit of his own works in NYC

Sep 28, 2012, 8:18 AM EST

tyson-chandler-jason-kidd-michael-strahan-exhibit AP

Sometimes fans ask me why players want to go to Los Angeles or New York instead of fine cities like Houston or Milwaukee.

It’s because of the opportunities. Like teaching Ellen to Dougie.

It’s because if you are Tyson Chandler playing for the Knicks, you can host a charity exhibit of your own art work in New York City and a bunch of NBA players and celebrities will show up for the party. And you can wear capri pants and boots to that party and nobody will blink. (Hat tip to The Backetball Jones and jocksandstilettojill.com.)

Which is exactly what Chandler did — it was called “A year in a New York minute.” And guys like Carmelo Anthony, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Michael Strahan, and more showed up to see Chandler’s photography. Which is pretty interesting and wide-ranging, from lions in Africa to Landry Fields in a whirlpool bath.

From the “I don’t know art but I know what I like” file, I kind of dig the photos of Fields and Jeremy Lin below. So good on you, Tyson. Well done.

source:

1. nokoolaidcowboy - Sep 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Uhmmm…Ok. Better get this stuff over with soon and start thinking basketball.

2. billyblazin - Sep 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Reblogged this on *5 STAR LIFE*.

3. cosanostra71 - Sep 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I mean, if you have a choice, why wouldn’t you live in Los Angeles or New York? World cities, culture, diversity, nightlife, tons to do outdoors… at the end of the day, the NBA teams pretty much offer the same in terms of salary, so something has to set them apart.

• stayhigh_247 - Sep 28, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I love L.A but, world class city? I dont think so. Very rich people and very poor people. Mega stars, but it really can’t compare to the rotten apple when you talk about food, the arts,etc..

• Kurt Helin - Oct 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM

You’re right, NYC doesn’t have very rich and very poor. Neither does London. Or Rome. Or… oh, you get the idea by now. I hope.

4. badintent - Sep 29, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Tyson in a NY state of mind, just ask Billy Joel ! Hope he donates some of the pics to charity. Or partners with a charter school foundation to show school children that anyone can enjoy and make a career out of photography.

5. rocirius - Oct 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Is there really that much to do outdoors during the season in NY?

Can red hot Warriors sustain success?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches