Sep 28, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
What’s really important for the Spurs and their fans is that Tony Parker is fine. The eye injured by a flying bottle when Parker just happened to be in the same New York nightclub where the Drake/Chris Brown fight took place. That story must never get old.
Parker played in the Olympics, so he was expected to be ready to go for the Spurs when they open camp next week, and he will be, coach Gregg Popovich told the San Antonio Express-News.
“He’s been looked at during and after the Olympics by a lot of people, and we’ll do the same,” Popovich said Friday. “All indications are that he’s totally ready to go and has no problem.”
But what we really want to know — is he keeping the goggles?
The Spurs open training camp Tuesday, and it has not yet been decided whether Parker will be forced to wear the protective goggles he donned while playing for Team France in August.
Those would be the goggles that Parker launched into the crowd in disgust after France was eliminated from Olympics by Spain. So we know what he thinks.
But I want to see him in them. I liked the look.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 5
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?