Sep 28, 2012, 5:32 PM EST
UPDATE 5:32 pm: Rasheed Wallace’s agent spoke with ESPNNewYork.com and said that other teams should not get their hopes up about Sheed — he will play for the Knicks or nobody.
“That’s my understanding, based on his relationship with Coach (Mike) Woodson,” Strickland said by phone.
A team source said Wallace has not yet signed a deal, but that something could be done by the end of the day.
The story goes on to say it was Carmelo Anthony who said Sheed took his physical and is close to signing on the dotted line.
1:04 pm: It will be so much fun, the Knicks bench is going to be able to tell stories to young players about what it was like to play basketball when everyone used actual peach baskets. And what it was like to shake Teddy Roosevelt’s hands.
It appears the Knicks are about to get older. We’ve been passing on the reports for a couple days now — Rasheed Wallace was working out with the Knicks, then the Knicks decided they wanted him so it fell to Wallace to decide if he wanted to commit to conditioning and coming back to the NBA.
Well, it may be getting one step closer. Although I’d rather predict the outcome of an NFL game with replacement refs than what Sheed will do next. But check out this tweet from Jared Zwerling of ESPN.
Source close to #Knicks: All the players expect a Rasheed Wallace signing to become official. He took his physical w/ the team yesterday.
— Jared Zwerling (@JaredZwerling) September 28, 2012
If the players think it is going to happen, it means Wallace is giving off that vibe.
I don’t see what could possibly go wrong there. Nope.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8