Sep 28, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:32 pm: Rasheed Wallace’s agent spoke with ESPNNewYork.com and said that other teams should not get their hopes up about Sheed — he will play for the Knicks or nobody.
“That’s my understanding, based on his relationship with Coach (Mike) Woodson,” Strickland said by phone.
A team source said Wallace has not yet signed a deal, but that something could be done by the end of the day.
The story goes on to say it was Carmelo Anthony who said Sheed took his physical and is close to signing on the dotted line.
1:04 pm: It will be so much fun, the Knicks bench is going to be able to tell stories to young players about what it was like to play basketball when everyone used actual peach baskets. And what it was like to shake Teddy Roosevelt’s hands.
It appears the Knicks are about to get older. We’ve been passing on the reports for a couple days now — Rasheed Wallace was working out with the Knicks, then the Knicks decided they wanted him so it fell to Wallace to decide if he wanted to commit to conditioning and coming back to the NBA.
Well, it may be getting one step closer. Although I’d rather predict the outcome of an NFL game with replacement refs than what Sheed will do next. But check out this tweet from Jared Zwerling of ESPN.
Source close to #Knicks: All the players expect a Rasheed Wallace signing to become official. He took his physical w/ the team yesterday.
— Jared Zwerling (@JaredZwerling) September 28, 2012
If the players think it is going to happen, it means Wallace is giving off that vibe.
I don’t see what could possibly go wrong there. Nope.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20