Sep 28, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:32 pm: Rasheed Wallace’s agent spoke with ESPNNewYork.com and said that other teams should not get their hopes up about Sheed — he will play for the Knicks or nobody.
“That’s my understanding, based on his relationship with Coach (Mike) Woodson,” Strickland said by phone.
A team source said Wallace has not yet signed a deal, but that something could be done by the end of the day.
The story goes on to say it was Carmelo Anthony who said Sheed took his physical and is close to signing on the dotted line.
1:04 pm: It will be so much fun, the Knicks bench is going to be able to tell stories to young players about what it was like to play basketball when everyone used actual peach baskets. And what it was like to shake Teddy Roosevelt’s hands.
It appears the Knicks are about to get older. We’ve been passing on the reports for a couple days now — Rasheed Wallace was working out with the Knicks, then the Knicks decided they wanted him so it fell to Wallace to decide if he wanted to commit to conditioning and coming back to the NBA.
Well, it may be getting one step closer. Although I’d rather predict the outcome of an NFL game with replacement refs than what Sheed will do next. But check out this tweet from Jared Zwerling of ESPN.
Source close to #Knicks: All the players expect a Rasheed Wallace signing to become official. He took his physical w/ the team yesterday.
— Jared Zwerling (@JaredZwerling) September 28, 2012
If the players think it is going to happen, it means Wallace is giving off that vibe.
I don’t see what could possibly go wrong there. Nope.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71