Sep 28, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:32 pm: Rasheed Wallace’s agent spoke with ESPNNewYork.com and said that other teams should not get their hopes up about Sheed — he will play for the Knicks or nobody.
“That’s my understanding, based on his relationship with Coach (Mike) Woodson,” Strickland said by phone.
A team source said Wallace has not yet signed a deal, but that something could be done by the end of the day.
The story goes on to say it was Carmelo Anthony who said Sheed took his physical and is close to signing on the dotted line.
1:04 pm: It will be so much fun, the Knicks bench is going to be able to tell stories to young players about what it was like to play basketball when everyone used actual peach baskets. And what it was like to shake Teddy Roosevelt’s hands.
It appears the Knicks are about to get older. We’ve been passing on the reports for a couple days now — Rasheed Wallace was working out with the Knicks, then the Knicks decided they wanted him so it fell to Wallace to decide if he wanted to commit to conditioning and coming back to the NBA.
Well, it may be getting one step closer. Although I’d rather predict the outcome of an NFL game with replacement refs than what Sheed will do next. But check out this tweet from Jared Zwerling of ESPN.
Source close to #Knicks: All the players expect a Rasheed Wallace signing to become official. He took his physical w/ the team yesterday.
— Jared Zwerling (@JaredZwerling) September 28, 2012
If the players think it is going to happen, it means Wallace is giving off that vibe.
I don’t see what could possibly go wrong there. Nope.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record