Sep 28, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Josh Howard is still on the free agent market as training camps start to open.
We got another report — this one from soon-to-be Astros beat man (he will be missed) Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune — that he is talking to four teams and is nearing a decision.
Those teams are the Sixers, Spurs, Knicks and reportedly Jazz.
Howard reportedly has a standing camp invitation from the Sixers but has not picked it up yet.
I’d say the Jazz seem a long shot as he played there last year and if he wanted to be back this would be done, but as teams are opening camps there comes a pressure to make a move so nothing gets ruled out.
Last season in Utah the veteran swingman averaged 8.7 points a game, and he hasn’t shot over 40 percent in two seasons.
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 0
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 31
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 26
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 36