Sep 28, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Josh Howard is still on the free agent market as training camps start to open.
We got another report — this one from soon-to-be Astros beat man (he will be missed) Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune — that he is talking to four teams and is nearing a decision.
Those teams are the Sixers, Spurs, Knicks and reportedly Jazz.
Howard reportedly has a standing camp invitation from the Sixers but has not picked it up yet.
I’d say the Jazz seem a long shot as he played there last year and if he wanted to be back this would be done, but as teams are opening camps there comes a pressure to make a move so nothing gets ruled out.
Last season in Utah the veteran swingman averaged 8.7 points a game, and he hasn’t shot over 40 percent in two seasons.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 7
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10