Sep 28, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Josh Howard is still on the free agent market as training camps start to open.
We got another report — this one from soon-to-be Astros beat man (he will be missed) Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune — that he is talking to four teams and is nearing a decision.
Those teams are the Sixers, Spurs, Knicks and reportedly Jazz.
Howard reportedly has a standing camp invitation from the Sixers but has not picked it up yet.
I’d say the Jazz seem a long shot as he played there last year and if he wanted to be back this would be done, but as teams are opening camps there comes a pressure to make a move so nothing gets ruled out.
Last season in Utah the veteran swingman averaged 8.7 points a game, and he hasn’t shot over 40 percent in two seasons.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4