Sep 28, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Josh Howard is still on the free agent market as training camps start to open.
We got another report — this one from soon-to-be Astros beat man (he will be missed) Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune — that he is talking to four teams and is nearing a decision.
Those teams are the Sixers, Spurs, Knicks and reportedly Jazz.
Howard reportedly has a standing camp invitation from the Sixers but has not picked it up yet.
I’d say the Jazz seem a long shot as he played there last year and if he wanted to be back this would be done, but as teams are opening camps there comes a pressure to make a move so nothing gets ruled out.
Last season in Utah the veteran swingman averaged 8.7 points a game, and he hasn’t shot over 40 percent in two seasons.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 25
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9