Sep 28, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Josh Howard is still on the free agent market as training camps start to open.
We got another report — this one from soon-to-be Astros beat man (he will be missed) Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune — that he is talking to four teams and is nearing a decision.
Those teams are the Sixers, Spurs, Knicks and reportedly Jazz.
Howard reportedly has a standing camp invitation from the Sixers but has not picked it up yet.
I’d say the Jazz seem a long shot as he played there last year and if he wanted to be back this would be done, but as teams are opening camps there comes a pressure to make a move so nothing gets ruled out.
Last season in Utah the veteran swingman averaged 8.7 points a game, and he hasn’t shot over 40 percent in two seasons.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona