Sep 28, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
It’s about June not October.
With that in mind, Miami Heat coach Eric Spoelstra said again at media day Friday that the Heat were going to take it slow bringing back Dwyane Wade from his off-season knee surgery. Really slow.
Tom Haberstroh of ESPN’s Heat Index spells it out.
Spoelstra said he’ll be patient with Dwyane Wade in training camp. No guarantee he’ll play in season-opener.
— Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) September 28, 2012
This really shouldn’t be a surprise, and it is possible Wade is ready to go opening night against the Celtics. Coaches tend to be cautious this time of year. But to reiterate, it’s not the game in October against the Celtics on which Wade and the Heat will be judged. So slow is smart here.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (98)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'