Sep 28, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
If the regular season started tomorrow, Danny Granger says he could play.
But we are a little more than a month away from the Indiana Pacers tipping off their season so Danny Granger is taking things slow with his recovery from off-season knee issue. It’s not something that required surgery, but Granger doesn’t want it to linger.
He played in the Pacers charity golf event and opened up about it o Mike Wells of the Indy Star.
Just taking it slow through training camp. I had an injury in my tendon or something that I flared up in the offseason working out. They put PRP (platelet rich plasma) in it (at the end of the summer), which is a way to help it heal better. I actually (injured my knee) toward the end of the Miami series. It was fine, but then I started training this summer and it got irritated, so we just slowed it down.
Aside that Granger says the Pacers players have been working out and playing pickup against one another. And this is another guy who has said D.J. Augustin has stood out in the workouts. We’ll see how that plays out when structure returns to the games.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 46
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3