Sep 28, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
If the regular season started tomorrow, Danny Granger says he could play.
But we are a little more than a month away from the Indiana Pacers tipping off their season so Danny Granger is taking things slow with his recovery from off-season knee issue. It’s not something that required surgery, but Granger doesn’t want it to linger.
He played in the Pacers charity golf event and opened up about it o Mike Wells of the Indy Star.
Just taking it slow through training camp. I had an injury in my tendon or something that I flared up in the offseason working out. They put PRP (platelet rich plasma) in it (at the end of the summer), which is a way to help it heal better. I actually (injured my knee) toward the end of the Miami series. It was fine, but then I started training this summer and it got irritated, so we just slowed it down.
Aside that Granger says the Pacers players have been working out and playing pickup against one another. And this is another guy who has said D.J. Augustin has stood out in the workouts. We’ll see how that plays out when structure returns to the games.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7