Sep 28, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
If the regular season started tomorrow, Danny Granger says he could play.
But we are a little more than a month away from the Indiana Pacers tipping off their season so Danny Granger is taking things slow with his recovery from off-season knee issue. It’s not something that required surgery, but Granger doesn’t want it to linger.
He played in the Pacers charity golf event and opened up about it o Mike Wells of the Indy Star.
Just taking it slow through training camp. I had an injury in my tendon or something that I flared up in the offseason working out. They put PRP (platelet rich plasma) in it (at the end of the summer), which is a way to help it heal better. I actually (injured my knee) toward the end of the Miami series. It was fine, but then I started training this summer and it got irritated, so we just slowed it down.
Aside that Granger says the Pacers players have been working out and playing pickup against one another. And this is another guy who has said D.J. Augustin has stood out in the workouts. We’ll see how that plays out when structure returns to the games.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 0
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 9
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 9
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18