Sep 28, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
If the regular season started tomorrow, Danny Granger says he could play.
But we are a little more than a month away from the Indiana Pacers tipping off their season so Danny Granger is taking things slow with his recovery from off-season knee issue. It’s not something that required surgery, but Granger doesn’t want it to linger.
He played in the Pacers charity golf event and opened up about it o Mike Wells of the Indy Star.
Just taking it slow through training camp. I had an injury in my tendon or something that I flared up in the offseason working out. They put PRP (platelet rich plasma) in it (at the end of the summer), which is a way to help it heal better. I actually (injured my knee) toward the end of the Miami series. It was fine, but then I started training this summer and it got irritated, so we just slowed it down.
Aside that Granger says the Pacers players have been working out and playing pickup against one another. And this is another guy who has said D.J. Augustin has stood out in the workouts. We’ll see how that plays out when structure returns to the games.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 2
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 12
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4