Sep 28, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
If the regular season started tomorrow, Danny Granger says he could play.
But we are a little more than a month away from the Indiana Pacers tipping off their season so Danny Granger is taking things slow with his recovery from off-season knee issue. It’s not something that required surgery, but Granger doesn’t want it to linger.
He played in the Pacers charity golf event and opened up about it o Mike Wells of the Indy Star.
Just taking it slow through training camp. I had an injury in my tendon or something that I flared up in the offseason working out. They put PRP (platelet rich plasma) in it (at the end of the summer), which is a way to help it heal better. I actually (injured my knee) toward the end of the Miami series. It was fine, but then I started training this summer and it got irritated, so we just slowed it down.
Aside that Granger says the Pacers players have been working out and playing pickup against one another. And this is another guy who has said D.J. Augustin has stood out in the workouts. We’ll see how that plays out when structure returns to the games.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 14
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2