Sep 28, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
Chris Bosh is a pretty chill dude. Even at media day.
After coming back sooner than he should have to be a key part of the Heat’s title run last season (he changed the Boston series and was key against Oklahoma City), he had to spend the rest of the summer getting over the abdominal strain he suffered dunking a ball against the Pacers in Round 1.
How did you do that, Mr. Bosh? (Via Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.)
“I chilled a lot, that’s about it.”
He then said he was the best at being chill. I’m not really going to argue that. He chilled while Team USA was winning gold in London without him. He was chill while other players were grabbing headlines. He was just himself.
He’s not expected to be chill on the court for the Heat, he’s expected to be a center. Which wasn’t the plan when he came to Miami — he was going to be a four. But, turns out the Heat had LeBron James and he dominates at the four, so in the free-flowing Heat system Bosh slid over to the five.
He says he’s accepted it (again via Winderman).
“I made my peace with it, I want to be one of the best fives in the league.”
“My advantage is my quickness against other 5s. I’m not going to bang down low, play like Shaq. Because I’m not.”
Playing the five for the Heat is not quite the same, anyway. They play a “positionless” system where anybody can take any role in the offense — you can post up a guard and have Bosh out at the three-point line. Bosh likes that (Winderman).
“Not only does it work, but it’s a fun style to play.”
It does work, and until somebody figures out how to stop it the Heat they remain the team to beat in the NBA.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 2
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 22
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)