Sep 27, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
For some of us, the first name that comes to mind is Kobe Bryant, he constantly chirps. He said he started the trash talk on Team USA. Other people – particularly smaller guards — might think of Kevin Garnett.
Nate Robinson, when he was on our team. He’s a 24-7 trash talker and hype man. He talks constantly on planes, in the locker room, wherever. It’s all in good fun. On the court I’d have to say Chris Paul. Back when he was on the Hornets, they had a huge 20-point lead on us and he went to the bench. We went on a run and cut the lead to like three and then they went to put CP back in. He was sitting at the scorer’s table and telling me and coach, ‘time to put the closer back in’ and he was doing what baseball managers do – put their arm out and tap on it, like they’re going to closer in the 9th inning. He was laughing while doing this and yeah, they came back and won.
Interesting. As he is on the court and I am not, there will be no argument from me.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43