Sep 27, 2012, 4:07 PM EST
For some of us, the first name that comes to mind is Kobe Bryant, he constantly chirps. He said he started the trash talk on Team USA. Other people – particularly smaller guards — might think of Kevin Garnett.
Nate Robinson, when he was on our team. He’s a 24-7 trash talker and hype man. He talks constantly on planes, in the locker room, wherever. It’s all in good fun. On the court I’d have to say Chris Paul. Back when he was on the Hornets, they had a huge 20-point lead on us and he went to the bench. We went on a run and cut the lead to like three and then they went to put CP back in. He was sitting at the scorer’s table and telling me and coach, ‘time to put the closer back in’ and he was doing what baseball managers do – put their arm out and tap on it, like they’re going to closer in the 9th inning. He was laughing while doing this and yeah, they came back and won.
Interesting. As he is on the court and I am not, there will be no argument from me.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6