Sep 27, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
When it was reported that the Knicks were taking a hard look at Rasheed Wallace, a lot of Knicks fans rolled their eyes. Knicks haters just laughed.
“I hope he [comes],” Chandler said. “I don’t know what the situation is, but he’s a great communicator on defense and we know he can knock down the open 3 and jump shot. To have myself and Amare [Stoudemire] with Marcus Camby and Rasheed as backups … That’s pretty nice.”
Reports out of New York suggested that Wallace showed he still had some game left, but his conditioning was nowhere near NBA levels.
Reportedly, the Knicks are letting Sheed make the decision — he can get a contract if he is willing to commit to the required conditioning. He is thinking about it.
I’m just not sure how many minutes there would be for him, with the Knicks likely to use Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony at the four, plus Chandler and Marcus Camby at center. But Wallace will get a chance. If he wants it.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16