Sep 27, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
When it was reported that the Knicks were taking a hard look at Rasheed Wallace, a lot of Knicks fans rolled their eyes. Knicks haters just laughed.
“I hope he [comes],” Chandler said. “I don’t know what the situation is, but he’s a great communicator on defense and we know he can knock down the open 3 and jump shot. To have myself and Amare [Stoudemire] with Marcus Camby and Rasheed as backups … That’s pretty nice.”
Reports out of New York suggested that Wallace showed he still had some game left, but his conditioning was nowhere near NBA levels.
Reportedly, the Knicks are letting Sheed make the decision — he can get a contract if he is willing to commit to the required conditioning. He is thinking about it.
I’m just not sure how many minutes there would be for him, with the Knicks likely to use Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony at the four, plus Chandler and Marcus Camby at center. But Wallace will get a chance. If he wants it.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15