Sep 27, 2012, 11:39 AM EST
When it was reported that the Knicks were taking a hard look at Rasheed Wallace, a lot of Knicks fans rolled their eyes. Knicks haters just laughed.
“I hope he [comes],” Chandler said. “I don’t know what the situation is, but he’s a great communicator on defense and we know he can knock down the open 3 and jump shot. To have myself and Amare [Stoudemire] with Marcus Camby and Rasheed as backups … That’s pretty nice.”
Reports out of New York suggested that Wallace showed he still had some game left, but his conditioning was nowhere near NBA levels.
Reportedly, the Knicks are letting Sheed make the decision — he can get a contract if he is willing to commit to the required conditioning. He is thinking about it.
I’m just not sure how many minutes there would be for him, with the Knicks likely to use Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony at the four, plus Chandler and Marcus Camby at center. But Wallace will get a chance. If he wants it.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0