Sep 27, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
When it was reported that the Knicks were taking a hard look at Rasheed Wallace, a lot of Knicks fans rolled their eyes. Knicks haters just laughed.
“I hope he [comes],” Chandler said. “I don’t know what the situation is, but he’s a great communicator on defense and we know he can knock down the open 3 and jump shot. To have myself and Amare [Stoudemire] with Marcus Camby and Rasheed as backups … That’s pretty nice.”
Reports out of New York suggested that Wallace showed he still had some game left, but his conditioning was nowhere near NBA levels.
Reportedly, the Knicks are letting Sheed make the decision — he can get a contract if he is willing to commit to the required conditioning. He is thinking about it.
I’m just not sure how many minutes there would be for him, with the Knicks likely to use Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony at the four, plus Chandler and Marcus Camby at center. But Wallace will get a chance. If he wants it.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4