Sep 27, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
When it was reported that the Knicks were taking a hard look at Rasheed Wallace, a lot of Knicks fans rolled their eyes. Knicks haters just laughed.
“I hope he [comes],” Chandler said. “I don’t know what the situation is, but he’s a great communicator on defense and we know he can knock down the open 3 and jump shot. To have myself and Amare [Stoudemire] with Marcus Camby and Rasheed as backups … That’s pretty nice.”
Reports out of New York suggested that Wallace showed he still had some game left, but his conditioning was nowhere near NBA levels.
Reportedly, the Knicks are letting Sheed make the decision — he can get a contract if he is willing to commit to the required conditioning. He is thinking about it.
I’m just not sure how many minutes there would be for him, with the Knicks likely to use Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony at the four, plus Chandler and Marcus Camby at center. But Wallace will get a chance. If he wants it.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32