Sep 27, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Back in March, Lakers reserve big man Jordan Hill was charged with assault after a fight with his girlfriend back in Houston where he allegedly bruised her legs and choked her.
This week he reached a plea deal in the case that will mean just a fine if he doesn’t repeat the incident, reports TMZ.
According to clerk at Harris County Criminal Court in Houston, TX … Hill plead no contest to the charge this morning and in exchange was given a 1-year deferred sentence and a $500 fine. In other words, if Hill stays out of trouble for the next year and pays the fine, the whole case will be wiped from his record.
The judge in the case had put in place a protective order for the girlfriend.
Hill signed a two-year deal to stay with the Lakers this summer. He will back up Dwight Howard (and could see a lot of minutes if Howard isn’t ready to go when the season starts).
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50