Sep 27, 2012, 1:55 AM EDT
But it’s a non-guaranteed contract and he well may be cut on a team with Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young and Jason Richardson who can play Howard’s wing forward spot (although Young plays more at the four. And they have guys to play the four, too.)
There are still other teams interesting in Howard, but nothing is moving quickly. The Spurs reportedly have thought about it and the Jazz said they might want to bring him back.
How about the Knicks? Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com says it could happen.
— Ian Begley (@IanBegley) September 26, 2012
Howard is in a holding pattern as the Knicks might give their last roster spot to Rasheed Wallace — but Sheed gets to make up his own mind on this. And that may not happen quickly. But if he backs out Howard may be a fallback plan in New Y
In theory the Knicks want Howard as insurance and depth while they wait for Iman Shumpert to return from injury. But do they need a guy who has shot under 40 percent the last years and is a shadow of his former self? Not sure another inefficient shooter is the way the Knicks want to go.
Somebody is going to sign Howard for the season. Maybe the Sixers, they have him in camp. But this saga seems to not be near played out yet.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13