Sep 26, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Thunder general manager Sam Presti sat down with the media on Wednesday to talk about the upcoming season, his love of music documentaries (seriously, he loves things like VH1’s Classic Albums show), James Harden’s contract and team expectations. On all of it, he pretty much stuck to the expected script.
But there was one thing of note — don’t expect to see a lot of Kendrick Perkins this preseason. Maybe not any. From Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman.
Presti says the team is hoping Kendrick Perkins (wrist) will be ready for the first game of the regular season. Could miss entire preseason.
— Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) September 26, 2012
Remember that Perkins had both wrist and groin surgeries back in July. He clearly is not fully recovered and the team is going to bring him along slowly rather than risk re-injury.
Really, this is not that big a deal. The systems and what the Thunder are doing this season are not changing — Perkins knows his role and can walk right back into it no problem.
But we may have to wait until Halloween or later to see the NBA’s best scowl.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13