Sep 26, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Thunder general manager Sam Presti sat down with the media on Wednesday to talk about the upcoming season, his love of music documentaries (seriously, he loves things like VH1’s Classic Albums show), James Harden’s contract and team expectations. On all of it, he pretty much stuck to the expected script.
But there was one thing of note — don’t expect to see a lot of Kendrick Perkins this preseason. Maybe not any. From Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman.
Presti says the team is hoping Kendrick Perkins (wrist) will be ready for the first game of the regular season. Could miss entire preseason.
— Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) September 26, 2012
Remember that Perkins had both wrist and groin surgeries back in July. He clearly is not fully recovered and the team is going to bring him along slowly rather than risk re-injury.
Really, this is not that big a deal. The systems and what the Thunder are doing this season are not changing — Perkins knows his role and can walk right back into it no problem.
But we may have to wait until Halloween or later to see the NBA’s best scowl.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6