Sep 26, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Thunder general manager Sam Presti sat down with the media on Wednesday to talk about the upcoming season, his love of music documentaries (seriously, he loves things like VH1’s Classic Albums show), James Harden’s contract and team expectations. On all of it, he pretty much stuck to the expected script.
But there was one thing of note — don’t expect to see a lot of Kendrick Perkins this preseason. Maybe not any. From Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman.
Presti says the team is hoping Kendrick Perkins (wrist) will be ready for the first game of the regular season. Could miss entire preseason.
— Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) September 26, 2012
Remember that Perkins had both wrist and groin surgeries back in July. He clearly is not fully recovered and the team is going to bring him along slowly rather than risk re-injury.
Really, this is not that big a deal. The systems and what the Thunder are doing this season are not changing — Perkins knows his role and can walk right back into it no problem.
But we may have to wait until Halloween or later to see the NBA’s best scowl.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29