Sep 26, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Thunder general manager Sam Presti sat down with the media on Wednesday to talk about the upcoming season, his love of music documentaries (seriously, he loves things like VH1’s Classic Albums show), James Harden’s contract and team expectations. On all of it, he pretty much stuck to the expected script.
But there was one thing of note — don’t expect to see a lot of Kendrick Perkins this preseason. Maybe not any. From Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman.
Presti says the team is hoping Kendrick Perkins (wrist) will be ready for the first game of the regular season. Could miss entire preseason.
— Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) September 26, 2012
Remember that Perkins had both wrist and groin surgeries back in July. He clearly is not fully recovered and the team is going to bring him along slowly rather than risk re-injury.
Really, this is not that big a deal. The systems and what the Thunder are doing this season are not changing — Perkins knows his role and can walk right back into it no problem.
But we may have to wait until Halloween or later to see the NBA’s best scowl.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10