Sep 26, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
After last season then when hanging out with Team USA, Kevin Love was more than happy to tell you how frustrated he was with the Timberwolves roster. Frustrated that their playoff chances blew up with Ricky Rubio’s knee. Frustrated that when Rubio went down the Timberwolves roster was exposed.
But this summer the Timberwolves got deeper and better — Brandon Roy, Andrei Kirilenko, Greg Stiemsma, Lou Amundson and rookie Russian guard Alexey Shved (who impressed during the Olympics) are all coming to town.
And of late, Love has been nothing but positive and talking playoffs. He was doing that again on Tuesday.
“I have faith in this team,” Love said on Tuesday. “I have faith in what we’ve done this offseason.”
Love talked about the depth, talked about having a cohesive locker room (something missing last year). And he continues to talk about Minnesota making the playoffs.
“I really think we have a great shot to make the playoffs,” Love said. “If anyone else says otherwise, I think we have to go out there and prove what we’re made of.”
Well, they are going to have to prove it. Not because of what anybody says, but because in a deep Western Conference they are going to have to beat out teams like Dallas and Utah — pretty good teams — for a playoff spot.
Fortunately for all of us, the time for talk is almost over.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)