Sep 26, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
After last season then when hanging out with Team USA, Kevin Love was more than happy to tell you how frustrated he was with the Timberwolves roster. Frustrated that their playoff chances blew up with Ricky Rubio’s knee. Frustrated that when Rubio went down the Timberwolves roster was exposed.
But this summer the Timberwolves got deeper and better — Brandon Roy, Andrei Kirilenko, Greg Stiemsma, Lou Amundson and rookie Russian guard Alexey Shved (who impressed during the Olympics) are all coming to town.
And of late, Love has been nothing but positive and talking playoffs. He was doing that again on Tuesday.
“I have faith in this team,” Love said on Tuesday. “I have faith in what we’ve done this offseason.”
Love talked about the depth, talked about having a cohesive locker room (something missing last year). And he continues to talk about Minnesota making the playoffs.
“I really think we have a great shot to make the playoffs,” Love said. “If anyone else says otherwise, I think we have to go out there and prove what we’re made of.”
Well, they are going to have to prove it. Not because of what anybody says, but because in a deep Western Conference they are going to have to beat out teams like Dallas and Utah — pretty good teams — for a playoff spot.
Fortunately for all of us, the time for talk is almost over.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 1
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 4
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 36
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 29
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 25