Sep 26, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
After last season then when hanging out with Team USA, Kevin Love was more than happy to tell you how frustrated he was with the Timberwolves roster. Frustrated that their playoff chances blew up with Ricky Rubio’s knee. Frustrated that when Rubio went down the Timberwolves roster was exposed.
But this summer the Timberwolves got deeper and better — Brandon Roy, Andrei Kirilenko, Greg Stiemsma, Lou Amundson and rookie Russian guard Alexey Shved (who impressed during the Olympics) are all coming to town.
And of late, Love has been nothing but positive and talking playoffs. He was doing that again on Tuesday.
“I have faith in this team,” Love said on Tuesday. “I have faith in what we’ve done this offseason.”
Love talked about the depth, talked about having a cohesive locker room (something missing last year). And he continues to talk about Minnesota making the playoffs.
“I really think we have a great shot to make the playoffs,” Love said. “If anyone else says otherwise, I think we have to go out there and prove what we’re made of.”
Well, they are going to have to prove it. Not because of what anybody says, but because in a deep Western Conference they are going to have to beat out teams like Dallas and Utah — pretty good teams — for a playoff spot.
Fortunately for all of us, the time for talk is almost over.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 31
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25