Sep 26, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
When the Miami Heat gave a contract to Josh Harrellson, it was assumed by many that would be it for veteran Juwan Howard. The Heat are going to start Chris Bosh at center (or at least play him there a lot this season) and now they have Joel Anthony, Mickell Gladness and Harrellson on the roster to. Plus Dexter Pittman is under contract. We should never forget Dexter Pittman. Not all of them are going to make the cut.
The reality in Miami is that Anthony is a lock and Pittman likely makes the roster because he has a guaranteed deal for this season. That means only one of Harrellson and Gladness will make the Heat’s final roster (my money is on Harrellson). There really is almost no way, baring a rash of injuries or the discovery of the Fountain of Youth, that Howard is going to make the team.
But it’s not easy to just walk away. So Howard is still there, trying.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32