Sep 26, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
When the Miami Heat gave a contract to Josh Harrellson, it was assumed by many that would be it for veteran Juwan Howard. The Heat are going to start Chris Bosh at center (or at least play him there a lot this season) and now they have Joel Anthony, Mickell Gladness and Harrellson on the roster to. Plus Dexter Pittman is under contract. We should never forget Dexter Pittman. Not all of them are going to make the cut.
The reality in Miami is that Anthony is a lock and Pittman likely makes the roster because he has a guaranteed deal for this season. That means only one of Harrellson and Gladness will make the Heat’s final roster (my money is on Harrellson). There really is almost no way, baring a rash of injuries or the discovery of the Fountain of Youth, that Howard is going to make the team.
But it’s not easy to just walk away. So Howard is still there, trying.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 4
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 5
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 21
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 9
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)