Sep 26, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
When the Miami Heat gave a contract to Josh Harrellson, it was assumed by many that would be it for veteran Juwan Howard. The Heat are going to start Chris Bosh at center (or at least play him there a lot this season) and now they have Joel Anthony, Mickell Gladness and Harrellson on the roster to. Plus Dexter Pittman is under contract. We should never forget Dexter Pittman. Not all of them are going to make the cut.
The reality in Miami is that Anthony is a lock and Pittman likely makes the roster because he has a guaranteed deal for this season. That means only one of Harrellson and Gladness will make the Heat’s final roster (my money is on Harrellson). There really is almost no way, baring a rash of injuries or the discovery of the Fountain of Youth, that Howard is going to make the team.
But it’s not easy to just walk away. So Howard is still there, trying.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 22
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 18
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80