Sep 26, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
When the Miami Heat gave a contract to Josh Harrellson, it was assumed by many that would be it for veteran Juwan Howard. The Heat are going to start Chris Bosh at center (or at least play him there a lot this season) and now they have Joel Anthony, Mickell Gladness and Harrellson on the roster to. Plus Dexter Pittman is under contract. We should never forget Dexter Pittman. Not all of them are going to make the cut.
The reality in Miami is that Anthony is a lock and Pittman likely makes the roster because he has a guaranteed deal for this season. That means only one of Harrellson and Gladness will make the Heat’s final roster (my money is on Harrellson). There really is almost no way, baring a rash of injuries or the discovery of the Fountain of Youth, that Howard is going to make the team.
But it’s not easy to just walk away. So Howard is still there, trying.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 11
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7