Sep 26, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
When the Miami Heat gave a contract to Josh Harrellson, it was assumed by many that would be it for veteran Juwan Howard. The Heat are going to start Chris Bosh at center (or at least play him there a lot this season) and now they have Joel Anthony, Mickell Gladness and Harrellson on the roster to. Plus Dexter Pittman is under contract. We should never forget Dexter Pittman. Not all of them are going to make the cut.
The reality in Miami is that Anthony is a lock and Pittman likely makes the roster because he has a guaranteed deal for this season. That means only one of Harrellson and Gladness will make the Heat’s final roster (my money is on Harrellson). There really is almost no way, baring a rash of injuries or the discovery of the Fountain of Youth, that Howard is going to make the team.
But it’s not easy to just walk away. So Howard is still there, trying.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 7
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2