Sep 26, 2012, 2:35 PM EST
A lot of people don’t want to hear this, but among the key reasons the Heat should be better this year is health — they won a title with Dwyane Wade playing through a knee injury that required surgery and Chris Bosh coming back early from an abdominal strain (suffered on a dunk) before he was fully ready.
Both men skipped playing for Team USA in the London Olympics to recover.
Bosh says he is healthy now and ready to go, as he told the Miami Herald.
“I feel good. I feel real good,” Bosh said. “I’ve been pretty eager to get back with training camp looming and everything. I’m real excited to get back, start working. I’ve been in the gym a few times in the past couple weeks and that itch for basketball is there. I’m glad it’s there and I’m looking forward to this season.”
“It’s behind me. But I still have to pay attention to stretching and strengthening all the muscles in the core around it and everything,” Bosh said. “It’s something that I just can’t forget about. I’m not sure if I can re-aggravate it but I’m sure, just like anything, it has the potential to be chronic. If we stay on top of it and continue to do the proper treatment, proper stretching and proper strengthening, I don’t see it being an issue.”
Bosh isn’t Miami’s best player, but he is their most important (something Wade and LeBron have said many times). The Heat need what he brings as a big man — both inside the paint and on the glass, plus his ability to step out, hit threes and stretch the floor — to make things work for Dwyane Wade and LeBron James. Bosh is key to the spacing the Heat need.
Him being back at 100 percent makes the Heat that much better. Which is bad news for 29 other teams.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11