Sep 25, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like the twitterverse loves making fun of replacement referees.
• The photo to the right shows off the new Brooklyn Nets dancer uniforms. They were going for urban, I guess. I think The Big Lead said it best — they look like the In Living Color-Fly Girls.
• Paul Millsap says he can’t worry about Derrick Favors starting for the Jazz, he just has to be the best player he can be. Tyron Corbin needs to find a way to get both of them on the court together a lot.
• From our long list of “he’s going to do great this season” reports that come out this year, here is Brook Lopez saying he wants to live up to his max contract. Not sure he can do that unless he can morph into Dwight Howard, but there you go.
• Then there is the report John Wall improved his strength and jump shot in the offseason. He’ll get the chance to show that jumper off.
• John Wall showed up to watch RG III play this weekend in Washington.
• The Bobcats marketing slogan this year is “TougherFasterStronger.” Not sure they could do worse in those categories than last season, so let’s hope they live up to it.
• Yi Jianlian has signed to play this season with the Guangdong Tigers in China. In theory he can come back and play in the NBA when the Chinese Basketball Association season ends in February (as Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith, among others, did last season).
• While we’re at it, D.J. White signed a one-year contract with the Shanghai Sharks in China.
• Michael Jordan (and a lot of other celebrities) show up singing a Beatles tune to raise money for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
• Agents Dan Fegan and Happy Walters are teaming up at a new agency.
• Dan Gadzuric worked out for the Sixers on Tuesday and should get a training camp invite.
• The Jazz are bringing in veteran big man Brian Butch as training camp fodder.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49