Sep 25, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like the twitterverse loves making fun of replacement referees.
• The photo to the right shows off the new Brooklyn Nets dancer uniforms. They were going for urban, I guess. I think The Big Lead said it best — they look like the In Living Color-Fly Girls.
• Paul Millsap says he can’t worry about Derrick Favors starting for the Jazz, he just has to be the best player he can be. Tyron Corbin needs to find a way to get both of them on the court together a lot.
• From our long list of “he’s going to do great this season” reports that come out this year, here is Brook Lopez saying he wants to live up to his max contract. Not sure he can do that unless he can morph into Dwight Howard, but there you go.
• Then there is the report John Wall improved his strength and jump shot in the offseason. He’ll get the chance to show that jumper off.
• John Wall showed up to watch RG III play this weekend in Washington.
• The Bobcats marketing slogan this year is “TougherFasterStronger.” Not sure they could do worse in those categories than last season, so let’s hope they live up to it.
• Yi Jianlian has signed to play this season with the Guangdong Tigers in China. In theory he can come back and play in the NBA when the Chinese Basketball Association season ends in February (as Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith, among others, did last season).
• While we’re at it, D.J. White signed a one-year contract with the Shanghai Sharks in China.
• Michael Jordan (and a lot of other celebrities) show up singing a Beatles tune to raise money for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
• Agents Dan Fegan and Happy Walters are teaming up at a new agency.
• Dan Gadzuric worked out for the Sixers on Tuesday and should get a training camp invite.
• The Jazz are bringing in veteran big man Brian Butch as training camp fodder.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 4
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9