Sep 25, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
Well, this should be interesting.
A dozen years removed from the NBA, Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman remains a compelling character… well, for the same reason we watched Nicholas Cage in “Leaving Las Vegas.” The same reason half of Bravo’s shows exist. Because self-destruction can be entertaining so long as it is someone else.
Lately, she has been working on a documentary about the basketball player Dennis Rodman, some of which she has been shooting via Skype. That came up because a) Ms. Marshall is a big sports fan. (“You can yell and scream at a game and no one’s taking you away in a white coat.”) And b) “I have a little radar to the insane,” she said. “They seek me out. Dennis and his agent asked if I would do a documentary.”
Yes, I’ll watch it. So will you, admit it.
If just about anyone other than Marshall were involved I would ignore this, but with her in the directors chair there could be something there.
And with Rodman in it, this will have more flamboyant outfits than the Sex and the City movies.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47