Sep 25, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
If you want confirmation of where Anthony Tolliver will play next season, ask Anthony Tolliver himself:
— Anthony Tolliver (@ATolliver44) September 25, 2012
To be fair, Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida had this public before Tolliver himself. This will be a one-year deal for the league minimum.
Tolliver has the potential to earn minutes in the Hawks front court rotation — he’s athletic and can both run and stretch the floor. At least in theory. Al Horford is the man up front for the Hawks, but after that there are minutes to be had. Tolliver will be battling Ivan Johnson, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Smith and Johan Petro.
Tolliver is a good gamble for a Hawks team trying to rebuild — he was always about the upside. But if, like last year, he gives you 4.4 points a game on 39 percent shooting and little else (his PER was a D-League level 8.3) then you didn’t spend a lot on him.
Tolliver spent the last couple seasons in Minnesota, and has had stops with Golden State, Portland and San Antonio. Hopefully he takes advantage of his Atlanta opportunity, he’s not going to get a lot more if this one doesn’t pan out.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 4
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 27
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 23
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10