Sep 25, 2012, 1:53 PM EST
If you want confirmation of where Anthony Tolliver will play next season, ask Anthony Tolliver himself:
— Anthony Tolliver (@ATolliver44) September 25, 2012
To be fair, Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida had this public before Tolliver himself. This will be a one-year deal for the league minimum.
Tolliver has the potential to earn minutes in the Hawks front court rotation — he’s athletic and can both run and stretch the floor. At least in theory. Al Horford is the man up front for the Hawks, but after that there are minutes to be had. Tolliver will be battling Ivan Johnson, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Smith and Johan Petro.
Tolliver is a good gamble for a Hawks team trying to rebuild — he was always about the upside. But if, like last year, he gives you 4.4 points a game on 39 percent shooting and little else (his PER was a D-League level 8.3) then you didn’t spend a lot on him.
Tolliver spent the last couple seasons in Minnesota, and has had stops with Golden State, Portland and San Antonio. Hopefully he takes advantage of his Atlanta opportunity, he’s not going to get a lot more if this one doesn’t pan out.
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 6
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 1
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 15
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 1
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (51)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)