Sep 25, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
If you want confirmation of where Anthony Tolliver will play next season, ask Anthony Tolliver himself:
— Anthony Tolliver (@ATolliver44) September 25, 2012
To be fair, Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida had this public before Tolliver himself. This will be a one-year deal for the league minimum.
Tolliver has the potential to earn minutes in the Hawks front court rotation — he’s athletic and can both run and stretch the floor. At least in theory. Al Horford is the man up front for the Hawks, but after that there are minutes to be had. Tolliver will be battling Ivan Johnson, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Smith and Johan Petro.
Tolliver is a good gamble for a Hawks team trying to rebuild — he was always about the upside. But if, like last year, he gives you 4.4 points a game on 39 percent shooting and little else (his PER was a D-League level 8.3) then you didn’t spend a lot on him.
Tolliver spent the last couple seasons in Minnesota, and has had stops with Golden State, Portland and San Antonio. Hopefully he takes advantage of his Atlanta opportunity, he’s not going to get a lot more if this one doesn’t pan out.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 0
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 26
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 6
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22