Sep 25, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
If you want confirmation of where Anthony Tolliver will play next season, ask Anthony Tolliver himself:
— Anthony Tolliver (@ATolliver44) September 25, 2012
To be fair, Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida had this public before Tolliver himself. This will be a one-year deal for the league minimum.
Tolliver has the potential to earn minutes in the Hawks front court rotation — he’s athletic and can both run and stretch the floor. At least in theory. Al Horford is the man up front for the Hawks, but after that there are minutes to be had. Tolliver will be battling Ivan Johnson, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Smith and Johan Petro.
Tolliver is a good gamble for a Hawks team trying to rebuild — he was always about the upside. But if, like last year, he gives you 4.4 points a game on 39 percent shooting and little else (his PER was a D-League level 8.3) then you didn’t spend a lot on him.
Tolliver spent the last couple seasons in Minnesota, and has had stops with Golden State, Portland and San Antonio. Hopefully he takes advantage of his Atlanta opportunity, he’s not going to get a lot more if this one doesn’t pan out.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17