Sep 24, 2012, 5:42 PM EST
Time is its own kind of pressure. And some of the unsigned NBA veterans out there are really starting to feel it. They are feeling the pressure to make a decision.
With Lou Amundson having agreed to terms with the Timberwolves, that door has been shut to Tolliver. So he is narrowing his options and we should soon know his choice, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Tolliver said it’s down to Atlanta, Phoenix and Minnesota for his services and he’ll decide by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. He said all three teams have offered a one-year deal for the minimum.
“A lot of veterans are taking the minimum,’’ Tolliver said. “That might be the new normal.’’ Tolliver made $2.05 million last season. But he will have to take a cut to $915,852.
It is the new normal. Welcome to the new CBA.
As for Pietrus, he doesn’t like the new normal but added he is down to two teams, reports basketsession.com. I would expect a decision soon, the money is not going to change for him.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11