Sep 24, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
Time is its own kind of pressure. And some of the unsigned NBA veterans out there are really starting to feel it. They are feeling the pressure to make a decision.
With Lou Amundson having agreed to terms with the Timberwolves, that door has been shut to Tolliver. So he is narrowing his options and we should soon know his choice, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Tolliver said it’s down to Atlanta, Phoenix and Minnesota for his services and he’ll decide by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. He said all three teams have offered a one-year deal for the minimum.
“A lot of veterans are taking the minimum,’’ Tolliver said. “That might be the new normal.’’ Tolliver made $2.05 million last season. But he will have to take a cut to $915,852.
It is the new normal. Welcome to the new CBA.
As for Pietrus, he doesn’t like the new normal but added he is down to two teams, reports basketsession.com. I would expect a decision soon, the money is not going to change for him.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6