Sep 24, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
Time is its own kind of pressure. And some of the unsigned NBA veterans out there are really starting to feel it. They are feeling the pressure to make a decision.
With Lou Amundson having agreed to terms with the Timberwolves, that door has been shut to Tolliver. So he is narrowing his options and we should soon know his choice, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Tolliver said it’s down to Atlanta, Phoenix and Minnesota for his services and he’ll decide by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. He said all three teams have offered a one-year deal for the minimum.
“A lot of veterans are taking the minimum,’’ Tolliver said. “That might be the new normal.’’ Tolliver made $2.05 million last season. But he will have to take a cut to $915,852.
It is the new normal. Welcome to the new CBA.
As for Pietrus, he doesn’t like the new normal but added he is down to two teams, reports basketsession.com. I would expect a decision soon, the money is not going to change for him.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 20
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 68
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30