Sep 24, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
After looking at a few guys to come in as an off-the-bench big man for Minnesota, they made their choice. And sorry Timberwolves fans, it is not Anthony Tolliver.
Minnesota and Lou Amundson reached terms on a one-year deal, tweets Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
Source tells me Lou Amundson to sign a 1-year guaranteed deal for minimum, bit disappointed he didn’t get more.
— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) September 24, 2012
Amundson can join the veteran party that includes Kenyon Martin, Josh Howard, Matt Barnes and a host of other guys who wanted more than the minimum and either couldn’t get it or are holding out for that to happen still. It’s the reality of the new NBA CBA — it is the league’s middle class that gets squeezed, and veteran role players off the bench are at the heart of the NBA’s middle class.
Obviously Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic will start in Minnesota, with Andrei Kirilenko may start at the three (or come off the bench, we’ll see what the rotations work out to be) but he certainly will get minutes at the four. Greg Stiemsma will get plenty of run at the five. All of which is to say there are not a lot of minutes for Amundson, but he will get his chances over the course of the year and he is a veteran they can count on to bring energy and rebounding when he does get on the floor.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 6
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 24
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31