Sep 24, 2012, 9:16 AM EDT
With the Magic having entered full-on rebuilding mode, there have been changes to the roster and more are to come. Many more.
Which brings us to veteran two-guard J.J. Redick, who is still in Orlando. For now. The Magic picked up his $6 million option for this season, so he will be back for training camp.
The question is for how long — in the last year of his deal he is a valuable trade asset for GM Rob Hennigan. But Redick told the official Magic team site he would like to stay.
“I love playing here and I love playing for Orlando. I love representing our fans and our city,’’ Redick said. “But I understand it’s a transition year for our organization. I’ve had conversations with Rob and we’re both on the same page with my future going forward. I’ve given him my commitment that as long as I’m in Orlando and wearing a Magic uniform that I’m going to be a pro and give everything like I always have. He knows that and respects that and we’ll be fine.’’
Maybe during training camp but more likely close to the trade deadline, look for Redick to get moved in a package for young players/picks. Because that is how you rebuild. But Redick shouldn’t feel too bad as he will have a lot of suitors approaching him next summer.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 15
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 16
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46