Sep 24, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
As you read this Raja Bell exists in limbo (no, not the dance, although enjoy that mental image if you want).
He is under contract with the Jazz but the two are negotiating a buyout… well, maybe negotiations is not the best word. Stalemate might more accurately describe the process. Bell will not be at Jazz training camp but might still be under contract.
But eventually, when the two sides do work it all out, Bell will have suitors looking for a few minutes a game from a veteran, defensive-minded guard. As is now required every free agent on the market must be asked if they would play for the Heat. This time 640-AM Sports‘ Andy Slater had the duty and got a response you would expect (via Ira Winderman).
“for sure… Again, hometown crowd. My kids are in elementary school here. It’d be great for me to get a chance to play here in Miami where I grew up, and I know a lot of people and be a part of this history that they’re going to make for the city. But that’s not always just up to me.”
Not sure that the Heat really want to add Bell, the perimeter is not really their weakness. But Bell had to be asked and said exactly what you would expect.
Now, we return you to the waiting for Bell’s buyout portion of our program.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17