Sep 24, 2012, 12:10 PM EST
As you read this Raja Bell exists in limbo (no, not the dance, although enjoy that mental image if you want).
He is under contract with the Jazz but the two are negotiating a buyout… well, maybe negotiations is not the best word. Stalemate might more accurately describe the process. Bell will not be at Jazz training camp but might still be under contract.
But eventually, when the two sides do work it all out, Bell will have suitors looking for a few minutes a game from a veteran, defensive-minded guard. As is now required every free agent on the market must be asked if they would play for the Heat. This time 640-AM Sports‘ Andy Slater had the duty and got a response you would expect (via Ira Winderman).
“for sure… Again, hometown crowd. My kids are in elementary school here. It’d be great for me to get a chance to play here in Miami where I grew up, and I know a lot of people and be a part of this history that they’re going to make for the city. But that’s not always just up to me.”
Not sure that the Heat really want to add Bell, the perimeter is not really their weakness. But Bell had to be asked and said exactly what you would expect.
Now, we return you to the waiting for Bell’s buyout portion of our program.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6