Sep 24, 2012, 1:00 AM EST
The Pistons aren’t looking for a starting point guard — Brandon Knight is the man. In fact with Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum the backcourt is pretty set. Maybe there could be some minutes to be had behind them.
Jonny Flynn is going to get a shot at some of those minutes, he has been given a contract with the Pistons, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com. But he’s going to have to earn it — this is a non-guaranteed deal (meaning they can cut him before the season).
Flynn has never lived up to the No. 6 pick status (from 2009 draft, taken by the Timberwolves), in part due to hip surgery he had a couple years ago. Flynn worked out for a variety of teams but it is the Pistons who took a shot at him.
We’ll see if he is all the way back.
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 0
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15