Sep 24, 2012, 1:00 AM EDT
The Pistons aren’t looking for a starting point guard — Brandon Knight is the man. In fact with Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum the backcourt is pretty set. Maybe there could be some minutes to be had behind them.
Jonny Flynn is going to get a shot at some of those minutes, he has been given a contract with the Pistons, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com. But he’s going to have to earn it — this is a non-guaranteed deal (meaning they can cut him before the season).
Flynn has never lived up to the No. 6 pick status (from 2009 draft, taken by the Timberwolves), in part due to hip surgery he had a couple years ago. Flynn worked out for a variety of teams but it is the Pistons who took a shot at him.
We’ll see if he is all the way back.
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 0
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 2
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars