Sep 24, 2012, 1:00 AM EST
The Pistons aren’t looking for a starting point guard — Brandon Knight is the man. In fact with Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum the backcourt is pretty set. Maybe there could be some minutes to be had behind them.
Jonny Flynn is going to get a shot at some of those minutes, he has been given a contract with the Pistons, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com. But he’s going to have to earn it — this is a non-guaranteed deal (meaning they can cut him before the season).
Flynn has never lived up to the No. 6 pick status (from 2009 draft, taken by the Timberwolves), in part due to hip surgery he had a couple years ago. Flynn worked out for a variety of teams but it is the Pistons who took a shot at him.
We’ll see if he is all the way back.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10