Sep 24, 2012, 1:00 AM EDT
The Pistons aren’t looking for a starting point guard — Brandon Knight is the man. In fact with Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum the backcourt is pretty set. Maybe there could be some minutes to be had behind them.
Jonny Flynn is going to get a shot at some of those minutes, he has been given a contract with the Pistons, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com. But he’s going to have to earn it — this is a non-guaranteed deal (meaning they can cut him before the season).
Flynn has never lived up to the No. 6 pick status (from 2009 draft, taken by the Timberwolves), in part due to hip surgery he had a couple years ago. Flynn worked out for a variety of teams but it is the Pistons who took a shot at him.
We’ll see if he is all the way back.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 35
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38