Lakers Blake out three weeks after stepping on parking lot spike

Sep 24, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT

Los Angeles Lakers v New York Knicks Getty Images

Let me just say first: Ouch!

Lakers backup guard Steve Blake will be out three weeks after puncturing his left foot stepping on those spike strips used to keep cars from exiting through the entrance of a parking lot.

What I really can’t wait to find out is exactly how this happened. How exactly do you step on one of those wearing cheap flip flops (or whatever happened)?

Three weeks means Blake will be a spectator for the first part of training camp. Great news Lakers fans, less Steve Blake means more Chris Duhon in the rotation… wait, did I say good news? Sorry about that. At least there is still Steve Nash.

1. magicbucs - Sep 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM

What a moron!

2. loungefly74 - Sep 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM

i think 00maltliquor has a Blake “voodoo doll”…

• 00maltliquor - Sep 25, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Ahhahaha! Naw man, I wouldn’t wish bad health on nobody man! Even this fool, but I couldn’t help but 1st think, “get well Steve, but not soon!”, as big of a d-bag way it is of me to think that way, I just couldn’t help it. Fact of the matter it does suck when anyone gets injured, and after all this is just a sport for our entertainment and these players/men do have families and children…buuut daaang lounge’, you knew I was hidding a slight sinister smirk behind a serious face though, huh!

p.s. Kurt-
      Duhon really isn’t as bad as the media makes him out to be in the least bit. He is a decent backup worthy of a good 12-18 min. a game if need be. I know ORL fans will disagree but the way he had to take over in NY pre Ray Felton/J Lin was unfair. People forget he played a solid role in CHI, even started a lot of games, and though he wasn’t the savior in NY, he did more then his fair share of what his capibilities had to offer there before he came to ORL. He’s just not spectacular. He’s better then a lot of other PG BUMS that have lasted for waaaaay too many years in the recent past, i.e. Anthony Johnson, Chris Carter, Royal Ivey, STEVE BLAKE, Carlos Arroyo, Kevin Ollie (spare me that mentor sh!t), etc.

• 00maltliquor - Sep 25, 2012 at 4:12 AM

*Anthony Carter

(Basketball not football malt!)

3. alibidavej - Sep 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Leandro Barbosa, anyone?

4. money2long - Sep 25, 2012 at 1:54 AM

i don’t think it’s a stretch to believe duhon will have some good games here and there playing with the weapons around him. kobe made smush relevant.

5. bbk1000 - Sep 25, 2012 at 6:47 AM

This was actually the NBA’s version of the Wonderlic test….he failed…

6. omniusprime - Sep 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Yes Kurt it is good news to have more Chris Duhon than Steve Flake. What kind of moron steps on those car spikes and hurts himself? The one thing that Kupcake failed to do this offseason is off Steve Flake on some other NBA team. Go Lakers!

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches