Sep 24, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
Twin City Business Magazine is a fine publication, I have no doubt. (I’m admittedly not a regular reader, but as a California-based basketball writer I’m not exactly the target audience.)
Twin City Business Magazine is usually not the first place you go looking for NBA news. But they had some today, part of a long (and rather glowing) article about owner Glen Taylor and how he has turned the fortunes of that franchise around. Steve Aschburner of NBA.com found the article.
Near the article’s end Taylor talks about the Minnesota player/personnel decision making process and how it works with coach Rick Adelman and general manager David Kahn. And to illustrate how that relationship worked, we learned how much Adelman wanted Darko Milicic off the team.
“Most of the moves David is making are heavily influenced by what Rick has asked of us. But when it comes to finances, David will tell Rick no,” Taylor reveals. “At the end of the year, Rick gives me a report of what he thinks of each player. He tells me it’s the same one he gave David and that David knows he is giving it to me. Then he goes through the list. He says, ‘This is the first one I want gone’—that was [underachieving veteran center] Darko [Milicic]. ‘This is the second one I want gone. This is what I think of this player.’ “
This should come as a surprise to nobody. Not Darko, not his agent, not T-Wolves fans, not sane people anywhere.
We’ll see how Doc Rivers feels about him at the end of the year.
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 0
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48