Sep 24, 2012, 8:24 PM EST
Twin City Business Magazine is a fine publication, I have no doubt. (I’m admittedly not a regular reader, but as a California-based basketball writer I’m not exactly the target audience.)
Twin City Business Magazine is usually not the first place you go looking for NBA news. But they had some today, part of a long (and rather glowing) article about owner Glen Taylor and how he has turned the fortunes of that franchise around. Steve Aschburner of NBA.com found the article.
Near the article’s end Taylor talks about the Minnesota player/personnel decision making process and how it works with coach Rick Adelman and general manager David Kahn. And to illustrate how that relationship worked, we learned how much Adelman wanted Darko Milicic off the team.
“Most of the moves David is making are heavily influenced by what Rick has asked of us. But when it comes to finances, David will tell Rick no,” Taylor reveals. “At the end of the year, Rick gives me a report of what he thinks of each player. He tells me it’s the same one he gave David and that David knows he is giving it to me. Then he goes through the list. He says, ‘This is the first one I want gone’—that was [underachieving veteran center] Darko [Milicic]. ‘This is the second one I want gone. This is what I think of this player.’ “
This should come as a surprise to nobody. Not Darko, not his agent, not T-Wolves fans, not sane people anywhere.
We’ll see how Doc Rivers feels about him at the end of the year.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 13
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 9
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (40)