Sep 24, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Baron Davis doesn’t want to be done playing, he wants to keep working out to get back on the court following his major knee surgery (which followed a terrible knee injury in last year’s playoffs).
But that’s going to take a year, at least. In the mean time, he’s going to have some off the court roles with the Knicks, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
He will spend some time around the team in an advisory role; he will work with Madison Square Garden’s “Garden of Dreams” Foundation; he’s expected to provide content for MSG’s in-game entertainment and he may do some scouting for the team, according to two sources with knowledge of Davis’ agreement with the Knicks.
Smart hire, as Davis is fantastic in the community. He cares, he gives back, he’s personable. It will be good to see him around the league. It will be good for New York.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9