Sep 24, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Baron Davis doesn’t want to be done playing, he wants to keep working out to get back on the court following his major knee surgery (which followed a terrible knee injury in last year’s playoffs).
But that’s going to take a year, at least. In the mean time, he’s going to have some off the court roles with the Knicks, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
He will spend some time around the team in an advisory role; he will work with Madison Square Garden’s “Garden of Dreams” Foundation; he’s expected to provide content for MSG’s in-game entertainment and he may do some scouting for the team, according to two sources with knowledge of Davis’ agreement with the Knicks.
Smart hire, as Davis is fantastic in the community. He cares, he gives back, he’s personable. It will be good to see him around the league. It will be good for New York.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5