Sep 24, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Baron Davis doesn’t want to be done playing, he wants to keep working out to get back on the court following his major knee surgery (which followed a terrible knee injury in last year’s playoffs).
But that’s going to take a year, at least. In the mean time, he’s going to have some off the court roles with the Knicks, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
He will spend some time around the team in an advisory role; he will work with Madison Square Garden’s “Garden of Dreams” Foundation; he’s expected to provide content for MSG’s in-game entertainment and he may do some scouting for the team, according to two sources with knowledge of Davis’ agreement with the Knicks.
Smart hire, as Davis is fantastic in the community. He cares, he gives back, he’s personable. It will be good to see him around the league. It will be good for New York.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13