Sep 24, 2012, 8:01 AM EST
Baron Davis doesn’t want to be done playing, he wants to keep working out to get back on the court following his major knee surgery (which followed a terrible knee injury in last year’s playoffs).
But that’s going to take a year, at least. In the mean time, he’s going to have some off the court roles with the Knicks, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
He will spend some time around the team in an advisory role; he will work with Madison Square Garden’s “Garden of Dreams” Foundation; he’s expected to provide content for MSG’s in-game entertainment and he may do some scouting for the team, according to two sources with knowledge of Davis’ agreement with the Knicks.
Smart hire, as Davis is fantastic in the community. He cares, he gives back, he’s personable. It will be good to see him around the league. It will be good for New York.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 4
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 16
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)