Sep 24, 2012, 8:01 AM EST
Baron Davis doesn’t want to be done playing, he wants to keep working out to get back on the court following his major knee surgery (which followed a terrible knee injury in last year’s playoffs).
But that’s going to take a year, at least. In the mean time, he’s going to have some off the court roles with the Knicks, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
He will spend some time around the team in an advisory role; he will work with Madison Square Garden’s “Garden of Dreams” Foundation; he’s expected to provide content for MSG’s in-game entertainment and he may do some scouting for the team, according to two sources with knowledge of Davis’ agreement with the Knicks.
Smart hire, as Davis is fantastic in the community. He cares, he gives back, he’s personable. It will be good to see him around the league. It will be good for New York.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13