Sep 23, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re just a week away from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Russell Westbrook is proof that basketball can be violence can be art.
Some players don’t really put a lot of their personality into their game. Tim Duncan is robotic and clinical, when in reality he’s likeable and funny, for example. But you get the feeling watching him dunk that its’ always some sort of anger management. If he just kills that rim hard enough, people will see how good he is, stop questioning if he’s the problem with the Thunder, stop calling him Robin.
For the rest of us, though, it’s just fun.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 1
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50