Sep 23, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re just a week away from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Russell Westbrook is proof that basketball can be violence can be art.
Some players don’t really put a lot of their personality into their game. Tim Duncan is robotic and clinical, when in reality he’s likeable and funny, for example. But you get the feeling watching him dunk that its’ always some sort of anger management. If he just kills that rim hard enough, people will see how good he is, stop questioning if he’s the problem with the Thunder, stop calling him Robin.
For the rest of us, though, it’s just fun.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 14
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3