Sep 23, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re just a week away from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Russell Westbrook is proof that basketball can be violence can be art.
Some players don’t really put a lot of their personality into their game. Tim Duncan is robotic and clinical, when in reality he’s likeable and funny, for example. But you get the feeling watching him dunk that its’ always some sort of anger management. If he just kills that rim hard enough, people will see how good he is, stop questioning if he’s the problem with the Thunder, stop calling him Robin.
For the rest of us, though, it’s just fun.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 24
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29