Sep 23, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The wait is almost over. We’re just a week away from training camp, and the start of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Basketball is almost back. As we get closer we’ll be bringing you reminders of why this game is awesome, what you’ve missed, and what to look forward to.
Russell Westbrook is proof that basketball can be violence can be art.
Some players don’t really put a lot of their personality into their game. Tim Duncan is robotic and clinical, when in reality he’s likeable and funny, for example. But you get the feeling watching him dunk that its’ always some sort of anger management. If he just kills that rim hard enough, people will see how good he is, stop questioning if he’s the problem with the Thunder, stop calling him Robin.
For the rest of us, though, it’s just fun.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15