Sep 23, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Now, Dooling has issued a denial of those reports to Fox Sports Florida, (hopefully) ending one of the most irrelevant sagas of the late offseason:
So much for Keyon Dooling wanting to join the Miami Heat.
The Orlando Sentinel reported Saturday that, word was, the point guard — waived by Boston on Friday with the belief he would retire — had interest in the Heat. But the native of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., denied that.
“No truth!” Dooling wrote in an email to FOX Sports Florida. “I will never play NBA ball again.”
So Keyon Dooling will not be bringing his lack of playmaking and erratic three-point shot to the Heat. Maybe. Look, we’ve seen this before. Guy says “No way, I’m done!” and then later is like “Oh, wait, I love money so, so, so, so, so much.”
Happens every year. And with the prospect of being able to sit out training camp and contend for a title on the table, don’t rule anything out just because Dooling’s willing to walk away right now.
But at least we can move on. The world can exhale.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7