Sep 23, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Now, Dooling has issued a denial of those reports to Fox Sports Florida, (hopefully) ending one of the most irrelevant sagas of the late offseason:
So much for Keyon Dooling wanting to join the Miami Heat.
The Orlando Sentinel reported Saturday that, word was, the point guard — waived by Boston on Friday with the belief he would retire — had interest in the Heat. But the native of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., denied that.
“No truth!” Dooling wrote in an email to FOX Sports Florida. “I will never play NBA ball again.”
So Keyon Dooling will not be bringing his lack of playmaking and erratic three-point shot to the Heat. Maybe. Look, we’ve seen this before. Guy says “No way, I’m done!” and then later is like “Oh, wait, I love money so, so, so, so, so much.”
Happens every year. And with the prospect of being able to sit out training camp and contend for a title on the table, don’t rule anything out just because Dooling’s willing to walk away right now.
But at least we can move on. The world can exhale.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 24
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 27
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 30
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30