Sep 23, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Now, Dooling has issued a denial of those reports to Fox Sports Florida, (hopefully) ending one of the most irrelevant sagas of the late offseason:
So much for Keyon Dooling wanting to join the Miami Heat.
The Orlando Sentinel reported Saturday that, word was, the point guard — waived by Boston on Friday with the belief he would retire — had interest in the Heat. But the native of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., denied that.
“No truth!” Dooling wrote in an email to FOX Sports Florida. “I will never play NBA ball again.”
So Keyon Dooling will not be bringing his lack of playmaking and erratic three-point shot to the Heat. Maybe. Look, we’ve seen this before. Guy says “No way, I’m done!” and then later is like “Oh, wait, I love money so, so, so, so, so much.”
Happens every year. And with the prospect of being able to sit out training camp and contend for a title on the table, don’t rule anything out just because Dooling’s willing to walk away right now.
But at least we can move on. The world can exhale.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 3
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 9
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 29
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6