Sep 23, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Now, Dooling has issued a denial of those reports to Fox Sports Florida, (hopefully) ending one of the most irrelevant sagas of the late offseason:
So much for Keyon Dooling wanting to join the Miami Heat.
The Orlando Sentinel reported Saturday that, word was, the point guard — waived by Boston on Friday with the belief he would retire — had interest in the Heat. But the native of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., denied that.
“No truth!” Dooling wrote in an email to FOX Sports Florida. “I will never play NBA ball again.”
So Keyon Dooling will not be bringing his lack of playmaking and erratic three-point shot to the Heat. Maybe. Look, we’ve seen this before. Guy says “No way, I’m done!” and then later is like “Oh, wait, I love money so, so, so, so, so much.”
Happens every year. And with the prospect of being able to sit out training camp and contend for a title on the table, don’t rule anything out just because Dooling’s willing to walk away right now.
But at least we can move on. The world can exhale.
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 0
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 19
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19