Sep 22, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Millions of people went nuts this week over the iPhone 5. I can’t stand in judgment, the only reason I’m not is my contract’s not up for a year and the thing costs what is, in blogger money, a gazillion bajillion dollars, U.S. The new iPhone is coveted, lusted after by everyone into Apple tech, even Danny Granger it turns out. But comedy channel The Noc, which is friggin’ hilarious, decided to test out the real limits of the iPhone on the basketball court, and recruited Iman Shumpert, sophomore guard for the New York Knicks, to help out.
Let me channel my inner Apple-phile: “Oh, God! Why?! Why would you do that?! It’s so new and pretty! You killed it! You killed it, you monster!”
Now let me get my inner cheapo on: “Dude! That thing’s $500 dollars! $500! I understand that you can buy 2,000 of them for less than a fifth of your salary, but for the rest of us, that’s destruction of a perfectly good $500. I know it wasn’t your iPhone 5, but it could have been someone’s iPhone 5!”
The call to Apple Care at the end was pretty amazing. Noc should do this with the new iPad, but bring in Pekovic and have him eat it.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18