Sep 22, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Millions of people went nuts this week over the iPhone 5. I can’t stand in judgment, the only reason I’m not is my contract’s not up for a year and the thing costs what is, in blogger money, a gazillion bajillion dollars, U.S. The new iPhone is coveted, lusted after by everyone into Apple tech, even Danny Granger it turns out. But comedy channel The Noc, which is friggin’ hilarious, decided to test out the real limits of the iPhone on the basketball court, and recruited Iman Shumpert, sophomore guard for the New York Knicks, to help out.
Let me channel my inner Apple-phile: “Oh, God! Why?! Why would you do that?! It’s so new and pretty! You killed it! You killed it, you monster!”
Now let me get my inner cheapo on: “Dude! That thing’s $500 dollars! $500! I understand that you can buy 2,000 of them for less than a fifth of your salary, but for the rest of us, that’s destruction of a perfectly good $500. I know it wasn’t your iPhone 5, but it could have been someone’s iPhone 5!”
The call to Apple Care at the end was pretty amazing. Noc should do this with the new iPad, but bring in Pekovic and have him eat it.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4