Sep 22, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Millions of people went nuts this week over the iPhone 5. I can’t stand in judgment, the only reason I’m not is my contract’s not up for a year and the thing costs what is, in blogger money, a gazillion bajillion dollars, U.S. The new iPhone is coveted, lusted after by everyone into Apple tech, even Danny Granger it turns out. But comedy channel The Noc, which is friggin’ hilarious, decided to test out the real limits of the iPhone on the basketball court, and recruited Iman Shumpert, sophomore guard for the New York Knicks, to help out.
Let me channel my inner Apple-phile: “Oh, God! Why?! Why would you do that?! It’s so new and pretty! You killed it! You killed it, you monster!”
Now let me get my inner cheapo on: “Dude! That thing’s $500 dollars! $500! I understand that you can buy 2,000 of them for less than a fifth of your salary, but for the rest of us, that’s destruction of a perfectly good $500. I know it wasn’t your iPhone 5, but it could have been someone’s iPhone 5!”
The call to Apple Care at the end was pretty amazing. Noc should do this with the new iPad, but bring in Pekovic and have him eat it.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 4
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40