Video: Iman Shumpert destroys iPhone 5 during “test drive”

Sep 22, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT

Millions of people went nuts this week over the iPhone 5. I can’t stand in judgment, the only reason I’m not is my contract’s not up for a year and the thing costs what is, in blogger money, a gazillion bajillion dollars, U.S. The new iPhone is coveted, lusted after by everyone into Apple tech, even Danny Granger it turns out. But comedy channel The Noc, which is friggin’ hilarious, decided to test out the real limits of the iPhone on the basketball court, and recruited Iman Shumpert, sophomore guard for the New York Knicks, to help out.

Let me channel my inner Apple-phile: “Oh, God! Why?! Why would you do that?! It’s so new and pretty! You killed it! You killed it, you monster!”

Now let me get my inner cheapo on: “Dude! That thing’s $500 dollars! $500! I understand that you can buy 2,000 of them for less than a fifth of your salary, but for the rest of us, that’s destruction of a perfectly good $500. I know it wasn’t youiPhone 5, but it could have been someone’s iPhone 5!”

The call to Apple Care at the end was pretty amazing. Noc should do this with the new iPad, but bring in Pekovic and have him eat it.

1. starks3 - Sep 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM

His voice sounds like the GZA/Genius from the Wu

• phaden27 - Sep 22, 2012 at 5:17 PM

If GZA could play defense and kept his hairstyle in the 90s.

2. acdc363 - Sep 22, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Android FTW

3. money2long - Sep 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM

he can jump !!

• money2long - Sep 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM

guess rehab is going well.

4. raidmagic - Sep 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Yeah it was funnier when Tosh.0 did it to an iPad a few years ago.

5. butkusditka - Sep 23, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Calling Moore a writer then reading this article is like watching an Olympic sprinter trip over his own feet.

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview