Sep 21, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Three Magic players will be out for at least the start of training camp: Al Harrington is fighting a toe injury; Moe Harkless is not fully recovered from hernia surgery; and Ish Smith had shoulder surgery and is not yet recovered.
• Charles Barkley is making headlines talking Tiger Woods.
• Heat guard Norris Cole Norris Cole suffered what is described as a minor groin injury. He is expected to be fine for training camp.
• Othello Hunter reached a deal to play next season with CB Valladolid in Spain.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18