Sep 21, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Three Magic players will be out for at least the start of training camp: Al Harrington is fighting a toe injury; Moe Harkless is not fully recovered from hernia surgery; and Ish Smith had shoulder surgery and is not yet recovered.
• Charles Barkley is making headlines talking Tiger Woods.
• Heat guard Norris Cole Norris Cole suffered what is described as a minor groin injury. He is expected to be fine for training camp.
• Othello Hunter reached a deal to play next season with CB Valladolid in Spain.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50