Sep 21, 2012, 8:12 AM EDT
The Warriors continue to get good news about their two key pieces battling ankle injuries. First came the reports that point guard Stephen Curry had been cleared to play 5-on-5 and was getting in run with teammates.
Now comes this good news about center Andrew Bogut — coming off ankle surgery last April — via a tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News.
Had a good talk with Andrew Bogut today. Doing light drill work, looking at some action in camp, aiming for 1 or 2 preseason games…
The target for Bogut had been to have him back for opening night, that sounds like it is going to happen.
If Golden State can start the season with Curry and Bogut playing up to their capabilities, then can keep the pair healthy for at least 70 games together this season, their goal of making the playoffs is a realistic one. But they are going to need both of them — plus a big year from David Lee and a step forward from Klay Thompson — to do it because the West is deep.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28