Sep 21, 2012, 8:12 AM EDT
The Warriors continue to get good news about their two key pieces battling ankle injuries. First came the reports that point guard Stephen Curry had been cleared to play 5-on-5 and was getting in run with teammates.
Now comes this good news about center Andrew Bogut — coming off ankle surgery last April — via a tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News.
Had a good talk with Andrew Bogut today. Doing light drill work, looking at some action in camp, aiming for 1 or 2 preseason games…
The target for Bogut had been to have him back for opening night, that sounds like it is going to happen.
If Golden State can start the season with Curry and Bogut playing up to their capabilities, then can keep the pair healthy for at least 70 games together this season, their goal of making the playoffs is a realistic one. But they are going to need both of them — plus a big year from David Lee and a step forward from Klay Thompson — to do it because the West is deep.
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 2
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 48
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17