Sep 21, 2012, 8:12 AM EDT
The Warriors continue to get good news about their two key pieces battling ankle injuries. First came the reports that point guard Stephen Curry had been cleared to play 5-on-5 and was getting in run with teammates.
Now comes this good news about center Andrew Bogut — coming off ankle surgery last April — via a tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News.
Had a good talk with Andrew Bogut today. Doing light drill work, looking at some action in camp, aiming for 1 or 2 preseason games…
The target for Bogut had been to have him back for opening night, that sounds like it is going to happen.
If Golden State can start the season with Curry and Bogut playing up to their capabilities, then can keep the pair healthy for at least 70 games together this season, their goal of making the playoffs is a realistic one. But they are going to need both of them — plus a big year from David Lee and a step forward from Klay Thompson — to do it because the West is deep.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 15
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 26
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23