Sep 21, 2012, 8:12 AM EDT
The Warriors continue to get good news about their two key pieces battling ankle injuries. First came the reports that point guard Stephen Curry had been cleared to play 5-on-5 and was getting in run with teammates.
Now comes this good news about center Andrew Bogut — coming off ankle surgery last April — via a tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News.
Had a good talk with Andrew Bogut today. Doing light drill work, looking at some action in camp, aiming for 1 or 2 preseason games…
The target for Bogut had been to have him back for opening night, that sounds like it is going to happen.
If Golden State can start the season with Curry and Bogut playing up to their capabilities, then can keep the pair healthy for at least 70 games together this season, their goal of making the playoffs is a realistic one. But they are going to need both of them — plus a big year from David Lee and a step forward from Klay Thompson — to do it because the West is deep.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 38
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17