Sep 21, 2012, 8:12 AM EDT
The Warriors continue to get good news about their two key pieces battling ankle injuries. First came the reports that point guard Stephen Curry had been cleared to play 5-on-5 and was getting in run with teammates.
Now comes this good news about center Andrew Bogut — coming off ankle surgery last April — via a tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News.
Had a good talk with Andrew Bogut today. Doing light drill work, looking at some action in camp, aiming for 1 or 2 preseason games…
The target for Bogut had been to have him back for opening night, that sounds like it is going to happen.
If Golden State can start the season with Curry and Bogut playing up to their capabilities, then can keep the pair healthy for at least 70 games together this season, their goal of making the playoffs is a realistic one. But they are going to need both of them — plus a big year from David Lee and a step forward from Klay Thompson — to do it because the West is deep.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34