Sep 20, 2012, 10:45 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• There are a handful of NBA players who you see in the locker room and think “that guy has an NFL physique.” Dime Magazine put together a list of to 10 NBA players who could play in the NFL. I wholly disagree with Kevin Durant being on that list — tall and thin just says “target an NFL safety thinks he can break in two.” I get LeBron James, he has the physical tools, but we can debate if he would be able to handle the contact. They don’t have Metta World Peace listed and to me he has both the size and bulk, plus the mentality to make it work as like a linebacker.
• Tony Parker shows his nipple on French television, in solidarity with Kate Middleton. (Part of the fun of this job is that every day I get to write a sentence I never thought I would write — that is today’s entry.)
• Also Parker is really not happy with the scouts on the French team he owns.
• A Q&A with former No. 1 overall pick and Showtime Lakers player Mychal Thompson (who is now a Lakers broadcaster and Los Angeles radio host). Great question about him having to challenge former Minnesota Golden Gopher teammate Kevin McHale in those epic Lakers/Celtics showdowns.
• Center Hamady N’diaye reached a training camp deal with Sacramento.
• And we end with a very detailed video comparison of Kobe’s 81 point game and Michael Jordan’s 69 point game via BBallBreakdown.com.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 4
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13