Sep 20, 2012, 2:00 AM EST
One point guard and one guy that blocked every shot? I got the opportunity to coach them. They both deferred to their team. Anthony Davis took the fifth most shots on my team. He was the No. 1 pick. Mom and dad never said one word. And then Derrick would rather someone else score and get the glory and not him. And he hadn’t changed.
Why does every time he speaks, even when it is sincere, sound like a recruiting pitch?
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 32
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6