Sep 19, 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Linsay Lohan likes getting arrested.
• Who are the most traded players in NBA history? Great post over at NBA’s All Ball blog by Micah Hart, and I was surprised to learn Sam Cassell was only tied for second.
• The Brooklyn Nets will be the focus of the next season of “The Association,” which is NBA TV’s attempt at a “Hard Knocks” style show. It doesn’t work as well for two key reasons. One, in the NBA contracts are guaranteed and by the time camp opens you know at least 13 of the guys on the roster, so the whole cut down drama is gone. Maybe there is a fight for one last roster spot, maybe, but even then you usually know the outcome beforehand. Second, the show is produced by the league not HBO, so the stuff that may not put a player/organization in the best light is edited out of The Association. I love Hard Knocks, The Association is just not as compelling. But it’s not bad either, and the Nets should be a good follow.
• Along those same lines, veteran Ricky Davis has been working out with the Suns but is not going to catch on in Phoenix.
• Pat Riley has a new $11 million pad in Miami Beach to live in. It’s good to be the king.
• Mavericks rookie Jared Cunningham is over the hamstring issue that kept him out of Summer League.
• Check out the new Spurs alternate gray uniforms. I kind of like them.
• Veteran forward Brian Cook and the Wizard agreed to a non-guaranteed deal, which is really just a camp invite.
• Trey Gilder is expected to get a Jazz training camp invitation (but he would be camp fodder).
• Guard Armon Johnson and swingman DeQuan Jones will be in Magic training camp.
• Our best to UNC coach Roy Williams. Get well.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22