Sep 19, 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Linsay Lohan likes getting arrested.
• Who are the most traded players in NBA history? Great post over at NBA’s All Ball blog by Micah Hart, and I was surprised to learn Sam Cassell was only tied for second.
• The Brooklyn Nets will be the focus of the next season of “The Association,” which is NBA TV’s attempt at a “Hard Knocks” style show. It doesn’t work as well for two key reasons. One, in the NBA contracts are guaranteed and by the time camp opens you know at least 13 of the guys on the roster, so the whole cut down drama is gone. Maybe there is a fight for one last roster spot, maybe, but even then you usually know the outcome beforehand. Second, the show is produced by the league not HBO, so the stuff that may not put a player/organization in the best light is edited out of The Association. I love Hard Knocks, The Association is just not as compelling. But it’s not bad either, and the Nets should be a good follow.
• Along those same lines, veteran Ricky Davis has been working out with the Suns but is not going to catch on in Phoenix.
• Pat Riley has a new $11 million pad in Miami Beach to live in. It’s good to be the king.
• Mavericks rookie Jared Cunningham is over the hamstring issue that kept him out of Summer League.
• Check out the new Spurs alternate gray uniforms. I kind of like them.
• Veteran forward Brian Cook and the Wizard agreed to a non-guaranteed deal, which is really just a camp invite.
• Trey Gilder is expected to get a Jazz training camp invitation (but he would be camp fodder).
• Guard Armon Johnson and swingman DeQuan Jones will be in Magic training camp.
• Our best to UNC coach Roy Williams. Get well.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 18
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 7
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 47
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 29
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 21
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (79)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay