Sep 19, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
In case you thought that in the past week Derrick Rose stopped working hard or decided he didn’t really miss basketball all that much, we bring you the third installment of adidas’ “The Return” series on his recovery from an ACL injuries.
As always when I hear Rose talk about getting back on the court, my concern is that it happens too fast, before he is 100 percent healed and ready. I get his passion, but this has to be thought about not in terms of this season but the one after that and the one after that (and so on and so on). Rose is at the start of his career, he needs this taken care of, not something that lingers and is a recurring issue. I know that, the Bulls doctors know that, even Rose knows that on an intellectual level. But when it comes time for games he’s going to push, and needs to remember that some random game in February is not important.
Just a reminder, think after the All-Star break for a Rose return.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 68
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32