Sep 19, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
In case you thought that in the past week Derrick Rose stopped working hard or decided he didn’t really miss basketball all that much, we bring you the third installment of adidas’ “The Return” series on his recovery from an ACL injuries.
As always when I hear Rose talk about getting back on the court, my concern is that it happens too fast, before he is 100 percent healed and ready. I get his passion, but this has to be thought about not in terms of this season but the one after that and the one after that (and so on and so on). Rose is at the start of his career, he needs this taken care of, not something that lingers and is a recurring issue. I know that, the Bulls doctors know that, even Rose knows that on an intellectual level. But when it comes time for games he’s going to push, and needs to remember that some random game in February is not important.
Just a reminder, think after the All-Star break for a Rose return.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 14
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43