Sep 19, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
In case you thought that in the past week Derrick Rose stopped working hard or decided he didn’t really miss basketball all that much, we bring you the third installment of adidas’ “The Return” series on his recovery from an ACL injuries.
As always when I hear Rose talk about getting back on the court, my concern is that it happens too fast, before he is 100 percent healed and ready. I get his passion, but this has to be thought about not in terms of this season but the one after that and the one after that (and so on and so on). Rose is at the start of his career, he needs this taken care of, not something that lingers and is a recurring issue. I know that, the Bulls doctors know that, even Rose knows that on an intellectual level. But when it comes time for games he’s going to push, and needs to remember that some random game in February is not important.
Just a reminder, think after the All-Star break for a Rose return.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10