Sep 19, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
In case you thought that in the past week Derrick Rose stopped working hard or decided he didn’t really miss basketball all that much, we bring you the third installment of adidas’ “The Return” series on his recovery from an ACL injuries.
As always when I hear Rose talk about getting back on the court, my concern is that it happens too fast, before he is 100 percent healed and ready. I get his passion, but this has to be thought about not in terms of this season but the one after that and the one after that (and so on and so on). Rose is at the start of his career, he needs this taken care of, not something that lingers and is a recurring issue. I know that, the Bulls doctors know that, even Rose knows that on an intellectual level. But when it comes time for games he’s going to push, and needs to remember that some random game in February is not important.
Just a reminder, think after the All-Star break for a Rose return.
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 8
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 2
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 9