Sep 19, 2012, 8:06 AM EST
We told you before that Anthony Davis had quite a night at the Kentucky Alumni Game last week, dropping 40 points. What we didn’t tell you is that he was not the game’s high scorer — DeMarcus Cousins dropped 42.
It was a summer show, not a real game. Meaning there was about as much defense as there was love for Louisville in the building. John Wall and rapper Drake served as the coaches. It was a night of entertainment not high level basketball.
But that leads to good highlights. Thanks to the guys at The Mars Reel for putting this together.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 6
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (43)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)