Sep 19, 2012, 11:40 PM EST
You can bet this comes up in the PBT preview of the Golden State Warriors, but Stephen Curry staying healthy this season is one of their keys to making the playoffs.
So what Curry tweeted late Wednesday is a good sign.
Finally got the go ahead to play some pickup with the squad today. Felt good to get back.
Him getting back on the court, playing 5-on-5 (we imagine) is a good thing. Curry has had a couple ankle surgeries the past two years and has battled ankle issues. He’s working his way back and I’m rooting for him. Still, well, let’s put it this way: I’m not taking him in the first round of a fantasy basketball draft. It’s a risk.
But it’s a risk the Warriors are taking (and should) — last season he averaged 14.7 points a game, 5.3 assists and shot 45 percent from three.
His tweet is a good sign. If he bounces all the way back the Warriors have taken a big step toward the playoffs.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 0
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5