Sep 19, 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
You can bet this comes up in the PBT preview of the Golden State Warriors, but Stephen Curry staying healthy this season is one of their keys to making the playoffs.
So what Curry tweeted late Wednesday is a good sign.
Finally got the go ahead to play some pickup with the squad today. Felt good to get back.
Him getting back on the court, playing 5-on-5 (we imagine) is a good thing. Curry has had a couple ankle surgeries the past two years and has battled ankle issues. He’s working his way back and I’m rooting for him. Still, well, let’s put it this way: I’m not taking him in the first round of a fantasy basketball draft. It’s a risk.
But it’s a risk the Warriors are taking (and should) — last season he averaged 14.7 points a game, 5.3 assists and shot 45 percent from three.
His tweet is a good sign. If he bounces all the way back the Warriors have taken a big step toward the playoffs.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9