Sep 19, 2012, 11:40 PM EST
You can bet this comes up in the PBT preview of the Golden State Warriors, but Stephen Curry staying healthy this season is one of their keys to making the playoffs.
So what Curry tweeted late Wednesday is a good sign.
Finally got the go ahead to play some pickup with the squad today. Felt good to get back.
Him getting back on the court, playing 5-on-5 (we imagine) is a good thing. Curry has had a couple ankle surgeries the past two years and has battled ankle issues. He’s working his way back and I’m rooting for him. Still, well, let’s put it this way: I’m not taking him in the first round of a fantasy basketball draft. It’s a risk.
But it’s a risk the Warriors are taking (and should) — last season he averaged 14.7 points a game, 5.3 assists and shot 45 percent from three.
His tweet is a good sign. If he bounces all the way back the Warriors have taken a big step toward the playoffs.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18