Sep 19, 2012, 11:40 PM EST
You can bet this comes up in the PBT preview of the Golden State Warriors, but Stephen Curry staying healthy this season is one of their keys to making the playoffs.
So what Curry tweeted late Wednesday is a good sign.
Finally got the go ahead to play some pickup with the squad today. Felt good to get back.
Him getting back on the court, playing 5-on-5 (we imagine) is a good thing. Curry has had a couple ankle surgeries the past two years and has battled ankle issues. He’s working his way back and I’m rooting for him. Still, well, let’s put it this way: I’m not taking him in the first round of a fantasy basketball draft. It’s a risk.
But it’s a risk the Warriors are taking (and should) — last season he averaged 14.7 points a game, 5.3 assists and shot 45 percent from three.
His tweet is a good sign. If he bounces all the way back the Warriors have taken a big step toward the playoffs.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)