Sep 19, 2012, 11:40 PM EDT
You can bet this comes up in the PBT preview of the Golden State Warriors, but Stephen Curry staying healthy this season is one of their keys to making the playoffs.
So what Curry tweeted late Wednesday is a good sign.
Finally got the go ahead to play some pickup with the squad today. Felt good to get back.
Him getting back on the court, playing 5-on-5 (we imagine) is a good thing. Curry has had a couple ankle surgeries the past two years and has battled ankle issues. He’s working his way back and I’m rooting for him. Still, well, let’s put it this way: I’m not taking him in the first round of a fantasy basketball draft. It’s a risk.
But it’s a risk the Warriors are taking (and should) — last season he averaged 14.7 points a game, 5.3 assists and shot 45 percent from three.
His tweet is a good sign. If he bounces all the way back the Warriors have taken a big step toward the playoffs.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28