Sep 19, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
The timetable for Ricky Rubio’s return from a torn ACL has been December for a while now. Which is something, if not terribly specific.
But now we get this tweet from Darren Wolfson in Minnesota, referencing team owner Glen Taylor.
#Twolves want to bring in a big man and a wing. Issue is guaranteed $$. Latest on Rubio from Taylor: playing before Christmas.
So, more like mid-December. That’s a little more specific. Earlier is good for Minnesota (as long as he is 100 percent), as Rubio remains the glue to what could be a playoff roster. In the short term, there is the return of Brandon Roy, plus Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Russian rookie Alexey Shved to handle the ball. We’ll see how the pre-Rubio rotation shakes out during camp.
As for the first part of Wolfson’s tweet, the Timberwolves would like to land Anthony Tolliver but he wants more than the veteran minimum, which is all Minnesota can offer. So, the issue is money. As always.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 5
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 12
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 23
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy