Sep 19, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
The timetable for Ricky Rubio’s return from a torn ACL has been December for a while now. Which is something, if not terribly specific.
But now we get this tweet from Darren Wolfson in Minnesota, referencing team owner Glen Taylor.
#Twolves want to bring in a big man and a wing. Issue is guaranteed $$. Latest on Rubio from Taylor: playing before Christmas.
So, more like mid-December. That’s a little more specific. Earlier is good for Minnesota (as long as he is 100 percent), as Rubio remains the glue to what could be a playoff roster. In the short term, there is the return of Brandon Roy, plus Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Russian rookie Alexey Shved to handle the ball. We’ll see how the pre-Rubio rotation shakes out during camp.
As for the first part of Wolfson’s tweet, the Timberwolves would like to land Anthony Tolliver but he wants more than the veteran minimum, which is all Minnesota can offer. So, the issue is money. As always.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 7
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 34
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10