Sep 19, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
The timetable for Ricky Rubio’s return from a torn ACL has been December for a while now. Which is something, if not terribly specific.
But now we get this tweet from Darren Wolfson in Minnesota, referencing team owner Glen Taylor.
#Twolves want to bring in a big man and a wing. Issue is guaranteed $$. Latest on Rubio from Taylor: playing before Christmas.
So, more like mid-December. That’s a little more specific. Earlier is good for Minnesota (as long as he is 100 percent), as Rubio remains the glue to what could be a playoff roster. In the short term, there is the return of Brandon Roy, plus Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Russian rookie Alexey Shved to handle the ball. We’ll see how the pre-Rubio rotation shakes out during camp.
As for the first part of Wolfson’s tweet, the Timberwolves would like to land Anthony Tolliver but he wants more than the veteran minimum, which is all Minnesota can offer. So, the issue is money. As always.
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 6
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 22
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43