Sep 19, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
The timetable for Ricky Rubio’s return from a torn ACL has been December for a while now. Which is something, if not terribly specific.
But now we get this tweet from Darren Wolfson in Minnesota, referencing team owner Glen Taylor.
#Twolves want to bring in a big man and a wing. Issue is guaranteed $$. Latest on Rubio from Taylor: playing before Christmas.
So, more like mid-December. That’s a little more specific. Earlier is good for Minnesota (as long as he is 100 percent), as Rubio remains the glue to what could be a playoff roster. In the short term, there is the return of Brandon Roy, plus Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Russian rookie Alexey Shved to handle the ball. We’ll see how the pre-Rubio rotation shakes out during camp.
As for the first part of Wolfson’s tweet, the Timberwolves would like to land Anthony Tolliver but he wants more than the veteran minimum, which is all Minnesota can offer. So, the issue is money. As always.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34