Sep 19, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
The timetable for Ricky Rubio’s return from a torn ACL has been December for a while now. Which is something, if not terribly specific.
But now we get this tweet from Darren Wolfson in Minnesota, referencing team owner Glen Taylor.
#Twolves want to bring in a big man and a wing. Issue is guaranteed $$. Latest on Rubio from Taylor: playing before Christmas.
So, more like mid-December. That’s a little more specific. Earlier is good for Minnesota (as long as he is 100 percent), as Rubio remains the glue to what could be a playoff roster. In the short term, there is the return of Brandon Roy, plus Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Russian rookie Alexey Shved to handle the ball. We’ll see how the pre-Rubio rotation shakes out during camp.
As for the first part of Wolfson’s tweet, the Timberwolves would like to land Anthony Tolliver but he wants more than the veteran minimum, which is all Minnesota can offer. So, the issue is money. As always.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 17
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 65
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14