Sep 19, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
General managers liked what they saw in Michael Kidd-Gilchrist heading into the draft — but coaches loved him. Coaches like leaders, and Kidd-Gilchrist was that on a loaded Kentucky team. He defended hard, hustled every play, attacked the rim and showed a real ability to score.
He just needed a jump shot. His jumper didn’t look all that improved at the Kentucky alumni game last weekend where Kidd-Gilchrist scored 32 but missed all his three point shots.
But he is working on it, tweets Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Bismack Biyombo and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist have also been around a lot. Coaches working on the hitch in MKG’s jump shot.
This is not going to be a one week or even one season fix for MKG. It’s going to be a process. Get a new shooting form, spend a lot of time working on it this season, shoot 500 jumpers a day next summer. Then when the shots start to drop early next season everyone can talk about how overnight MKG found his jumper.
But he’s working on it. Good sign, Bobcats fans.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16