Sep 19, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
General managers liked what they saw in Michael Kidd-Gilchrist heading into the draft — but coaches loved him. Coaches like leaders, and Kidd-Gilchrist was that on a loaded Kentucky team. He defended hard, hustled every play, attacked the rim and showed a real ability to score.
He just needed a jump shot. His jumper didn’t look all that improved at the Kentucky alumni game last weekend where Kidd-Gilchrist scored 32 but missed all his three point shots.
But he is working on it, tweets Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Bismack Biyombo and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist have also been around a lot. Coaches working on the hitch in MKG’s jump shot.
This is not going to be a one week or even one season fix for MKG. It’s going to be a process. Get a new shooting form, spend a lot of time working on it this season, shoot 500 jumpers a day next summer. Then when the shots start to drop early next season everyone can talk about how overnight MKG found his jumper.
But he’s working on it. Good sign, Bobcats fans.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15