Sep 19, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
General managers liked what they saw in Michael Kidd-Gilchrist heading into the draft — but coaches loved him. Coaches like leaders, and Kidd-Gilchrist was that on a loaded Kentucky team. He defended hard, hustled every play, attacked the rim and showed a real ability to score.
He just needed a jump shot. His jumper didn’t look all that improved at the Kentucky alumni game last weekend where Kidd-Gilchrist scored 32 but missed all his three point shots.
But he is working on it, tweets Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Bismack Biyombo and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist have also been around a lot. Coaches working on the hitch in MKG’s jump shot.
This is not going to be a one week or even one season fix for MKG. It’s going to be a process. Get a new shooting form, spend a lot of time working on it this season, shoot 500 jumpers a day next summer. Then when the shots start to drop early next season everyone can talk about how overnight MKG found his jumper.
But he’s working on it. Good sign, Bobcats fans.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 2
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 35
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte