Sep 19, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
General managers liked what they saw in Michael Kidd-Gilchrist heading into the draft — but coaches loved him. Coaches like leaders, and Kidd-Gilchrist was that on a loaded Kentucky team. He defended hard, hustled every play, attacked the rim and showed a real ability to score.
He just needed a jump shot. His jumper didn’t look all that improved at the Kentucky alumni game last weekend where Kidd-Gilchrist scored 32 but missed all his three point shots.
But he is working on it, tweets Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Bismack Biyombo and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist have also been around a lot. Coaches working on the hitch in MKG’s jump shot.
This is not going to be a one week or even one season fix for MKG. It’s going to be a process. Get a new shooting form, spend a lot of time working on it this season, shoot 500 jumpers a day next summer. Then when the shots start to drop early next season everyone can talk about how overnight MKG found his jumper.
But he’s working on it. Good sign, Bobcats fans.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50