Sep 19, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT
Both Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett did something for their teams this summer — the veteran superstars took huge pay cuts on new deals, making less than half of what they did before, to give the franchises some financial flexibility (and less of a tax burden).
But both got something in return — no trade clauses.
Of course, those guys are four franchise icons that their respective teams would likely never trade… but you should never say never so the players like the insurance.
Both Garnett and Duncan signed three-year contracts. They likely are the last NBA contracts for both players.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48