Sep 19, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT
Both Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett did something for their teams this summer — the veteran superstars took huge pay cuts on new deals, making less than half of what they did before, to give the franchises some financial flexibility (and less of a tax burden).
But both got something in return — no trade clauses.
Of course, those guys are four franchise icons that their respective teams would likely never trade… but you should never say never so the players like the insurance.
Both Garnett and Duncan signed three-year contracts. They likely are the last NBA contracts for both players.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 8
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 50
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20