Sep 18, 2012, 1:56 PM EST
Instant Karma’s gonna get you
Gonna knock you off your feet
This is the kind of thing Grantland does so well, getting guys to tell fantastic stories that they might not have been comfortable doing before. Of having fun with sports that get taken too seriously.
Things like getting Jalen Rose to admit he slid his foot under Kobe Bryant during a 2000 NBA finals game and sprained his ankle. On purpose. And he recounts the 81 reasons that came back to bite him as a member of the Toronto Raptors.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 0
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 24
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)