Sep 18, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Instant Karma’s gonna get you
Gonna knock you off your feet
This is the kind of thing Grantland does so well, getting guys to tell fantastic stories that they might not have been comfortable doing before. Of having fun with sports that get taken too seriously.
Things like getting Jalen Rose to admit he slid his foot under Kobe Bryant during a 2000 NBA finals game and sprained his ankle. On purpose. And he recounts the 81 reasons that came back to bite him as a member of the Toronto Raptors.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 12
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 9
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 59
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 65
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 41
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8