Sep 18, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Instant Karma’s gonna get you
Gonna knock you off your feet
This is the kind of thing Grantland does so well, getting guys to tell fantastic stories that they might not have been comfortable doing before. Of having fun with sports that get taken too seriously.
Things like getting Jalen Rose to admit he slid his foot under Kobe Bryant during a 2000 NBA finals game and sprained his ankle. On purpose. And he recounts the 81 reasons that came back to bite him as a member of the Toronto Raptors.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 6
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 13
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5