Sep 18, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
I post this not as someone mocking the Knicks’ Iman Shumpert for writing poetry, but rather because this is good, raw, emotional stuff.
Shumpert’s aunt died of cancer and this was an open letter to her. It is heartfelt, it is powerful.
Just remember this next time you want to paint NBA players as two-dimensional people whose sole purpose is to entertain on the basketball court. They are flesh and blood people who face the same challenges we all do in life. Nobody’s road is smooth.
Hat tip to Sekou Smith at the Hang Time Blog for posting this.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16